Dave

anyone watch this show?
got hooked on it last season. every week i kept thinking they couldn't keep me interested. every week i'd get annoyed the show was only 1 hour long.

unclehobart

Follow 24 hours in the life of federal agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) in this innovative television series. Consisting of 24 hour-long episodes, the show uses split screens and a "real-time" clock to tell a tense interweaving story that involves Bauer, his wife (Leslie Hope) and daughter (Elisha Cuthbert), a presidential candidate (Dennis Haysbert) targeted for assassination, and many others. This set includes every episode of the thrilling first season.

Dave

the shows season is one hour segments of a 24 hour period. stars keifer sutherland as a counter-terrorism agent. last season he had 24 hours to prevent the assination of a presidential candidate. this year, he has 24 hours to find a nuclear device set to go off in L.A.
the story evolves in "real time". if a character says they'll be there in 20 minutes, its 20 minutes before they arrive. there are a couple of subplots going on at the same time. there are a couple of weak points in the writing, but for a TV show they are doing an exceptional job IMO.

ris

the bbc ran it earlier this year and i watched it as much as i could but regularly missed big chunks. one nice thing they did was to run the following episode straight after on their digital channel, bbc choice, thus staving off the annoyment a little.

we also got it without ad breaks which some critics said improved the suspense, i'm not sure about that though.

Aunty Em

ris said:
the bbc ran it earlier this year and i watched it as much as i could but regularly missed big chunks. one nice thing they did was to run the following episode straight after on their digital channel, bbc choice, thus staving off the annoyment a little.

we also got it without ad breaks which some critics said improved the suspense, i'm not sure about that though.

That happened to me so I gave up watching in the end. I hope they show it again. Come to think of it they're so notorious for repeats no doubt they will. :)

Scanty

24 was fucking great. Got totally hooked. Can't wait till next series. :headbang:

there's my fine analysis, lol...