30 days

spike

Anyone see this show last night?

A gun-toting minuteman lived with a family of illegal immigrants for a month. He also visited their family back in Mexico and the house they used to live in.

Good stuff. While the minuteman's beliefs didn't do a complete 180 he did say if he had been in their position in Mexico he would have left a quick as possible.

He has stopped his border patrolling and is also considering sponsoring them to become legal.

Next week: A guy who's job was outsourced to India goes to India to reclaim it.

Wasn't sure whether I should put this in Entertainment because of the political topics.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Everybody feels bad for thier plight. Everybody with sense believes that they should stop breaking the law by entering the US illegally. Silly folks watch this tripe & find it insightful.

spike

You calling me silly? What's not insightful about really putting yourself in someone else's position for awhile?

Have you never heard the "Walk a mile in another man's shoes" quote?

I think the problem for this family is that they didn't have a legal option.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
spike said:

So, the only options they have are to
1)Die;
or
2)illegally enter the United States & break our laws?

highwayman

The problem being is the corupt government of Mexico, so the Mexicans swarm over our borders and then it is our problem...

How about deporting them to Canada...

spike

Gonz said:
So, the only options they have are to
1)Die;
or
2)illegally enter the United States & break our laws?

I don't know if they were going to die but their condition was pretty horrible. They had been living in a shell of a house with no running water, no bathroom, and it didn't really even have a roof.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
spike said:

Wrong. Everyone has options. They might not always be pleasant, but options always exist. They also carry consequences. When we make a choice, we accept the consequences by default. Sucks, but that's how it is.

spike

highwayman said:
The problem being is the corupt government of Mexico, so the Mexicans swarm over our borders and then it is our problem...

How about deporting them to Canada...

True enough, the Mexican government needs much improvement. So if your family was in this predicament what would you do?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't know if they were going to die but their condition was pretty horrible. They had been living in a shell of a house with no running water, no bathroom, and it didn't really even have a roof.
Welcome my liberal well meaning friend to most of the world.

Professur

Wow .... no running water? No bathroom? You mean .... like every damn person before the 20th century? Wow.

Professur

spike said:
True enough, the Mexican government needs much improvement. So if your family was in this predicament what would you do?

Son, I was stranded in New Jersey. Don't talk to me about predicaments.

spike

Gonz said:
Welcome my liberal well meaning friend to most of the world.

Not a big deal. So, if you or your family lived like this you wouldn't do everything thing you could to get them out of the situation?

Professur

Actually, most of us, I think you'll find, would be working to improve the situation, not run away from it.

spike

Professur said:
Son, I was stranded in New Jersey. Don't talk to me about predicaments.

Sounds like a good episode for the show:

"30 Days in Jersey".

That would could be hard to watch though.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
If somebody is living at the extreme poverty line, he doesn't need to go to the US, he needs a shrink. Even charity is profitable.