7-year old charged with felony

sbcanada

Originally posted by RecklessLeper

I'd feel like smacking the little shitebag round the head! :mad2:

the kid needs a crack round the head once in a while

I think this is what this kid needs - not a "boot camp" way of life, but a real slap round the face.

I'd slap the little fuckwit.

I think you have an agression problem just like that 7-year old. :D

But I do agree mostly with your thoughts, although there are other forms of discipline besides physical abuse. ;)

Jon

Through various forms, I channel that aggression (sports, work, etc...), but I'm just a hyper fucking nutcase (hell, who'd do a 13-hour night shift then go to uni (albeit for 1 hour - then collapse on the bus back home)? :headbang: :D)

True, there are other forms of discipline, but this one is by far the most effective. It's just a case of not abusing the power, and exercising self-discipline while dishing out punishment. :)

I'm not a kiddie-basher, btw, nor do I condone it, but I just feel that too many parents take the soft option with their kids these days.

Oh, and I ask people to read my whole post before making any replies, not just the bits where I sound like Charles Bronson. ;) :D

SB, thank you for your criticism, mate; noted and appreciated, you *reaches for medication to come down from hyper mod* :D:D:D

Rock on :headbang:

Jon

sbcanada

I read your entire post. I just picked out the lines where you threatened to bash the child's head in for my quote, which helped justify my comments. :D

Jon

Originally posted by sbcanada
I read your entire post. I just picked out the lines where you threatened to bash the child's head in for my quote, which helped justify my comments. :D

The thing about reading the entirety of my post wasn't aimed at you, SB. :)

It's just so frustrating when I see things like this, and the parents wonder why their child is like they are! They must get it from somewhere...

As I said, I'm no kiddie-basher, nor do I condone it, and I wouldn't ever bash a kid's head in. Sure, I'd give 'em a clip round the head or a slap on the legs or something, but surely most parents do this, don't they? I must stress though, it's a matter of giving out the punishment with self-control .

Jon

Jon

Yeah, only when necessary. Surely drugs will damage the child's health much, much more than a slap round the legs, or an occasional clip round the head? :)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The boy has had discipline problems in the past but has never attacked other students, school officials said.

If this child has been an on-going discipline problem, I can see where this incident was blown out of proportion, but, fact is, he should have been arrested. What if that pencil had gone into someone's eye? That would be a whole different story, or would it?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
You would be suprised how little it does take in real life.

The kid is obviously mentally disturbed and needs counseling.

Fury, you might feel the need to defend him because he is about the same age as your brothers, but you have to realise the other kids he went after with a pencil have the right to feel safe in the classroom.
I didn't say they didn't, and that is why I am curious as to why the school didn't isolate the kid from the other students. Usually when a discipline problem arises in which there is a potential for aggravation (i.e. other students), the school remedies that problem by removing the kid from the surroundings. It would work out well for both parties. The students in the classroom would be and feel safe, and the stabber kid wouldn't have anybody to stab, so this whole thing would've been avoided as easily as moving him to a desk in another room.

If they were to let this go, this kid might get the idea he can do anything and not get into trouble. It really is for the best to deal with it now to give him some sense of right and wrong.
Never in my post did I say to let it go. In fact I said he SHOULD be disciplined. But the officials are taking it way out of proportion. Just 5-6 years ago, schools never would have dreamed of this kind of action against something as childish as a pencil stabbing. They, instead, would have either used a paddle on the kid, warned him of expulsion, or brought a policeman in for a scare job. Usually one of those three worked (I would know, I've experienced all 3 of them)

Stomping on toes is one thing and stabbing is another. I have been stabbed with a pencil many times when I was in Jr. High School. I was not very big in those days and people used to use me as a punching bag. I know how it feels.
Believe it or not, even as big as I was in school, I was still not the biggest, and I was still picked on just as much as you were. I also know how it feels. And I still think the kid is getting a shaft that he doesn't deserve. He should be whipped in front of the parents whose kids he stabbed, and suspended for 5-10 days, and then that should be that.

kuulani

Originally posted by outside looking in
I think the 8 year old should have stomped on the foot of that vice principle who lifted the girl's skirts in public...

:headbang:

I second that motion :headbang:

G

I think he should undergo mental counseling and kept out of school until it is determined he is fit to return.

I also think his parents should be checked to see if there is something that they are doing that caused this behaviour.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Aren't parents responsible for the behavior of their children (as far as criminal acts are concerned) to some degree under a certain age?

Is anything being done to the parents... questioning, anything?

Q

As ridiculous as it sounds to arrest a 7 yo, it may have been the fastest way to get the kid some additional help from the state. My guess would be, this kid has had discipline issues in the past. The school most likely called the cops, but it was the cops who made the determination to actually follow through and arrest the kid. I just can't see the cops being real hip on the idea of having a little kid in the back of the cruiser heading to central booking.
The schools have very limited resources to deal with extremely difficult behavior. Especially elementary schools. There are special schools for emotionally handicapped kids, but the process to get a kid into one is usually very long and drawn out. My guess would be arresting the kid cut to the chase, so the kid could be placed in a special school immediately (or at least faster) where he will get the help he needs and he won't be a danger to the kids in the regular school.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Limited resources? How hard could it be to move a kid to another room, or out to the hallway? :confuse3:

Q

Who is gonna teach him in another room or out in the hall? I'm talking about a long term solution. Not punishment. If the kid has ADD or ADHD, punishment will have little or no effect on him anyway.