8 Mile

nalani

it's coming on DVD on Tuesday ... my son said it's a good movie ... should I buy it or rent it first?

side note: thought it'd be interesting to tell you folks that we have a boy in this school named "Mile 'Ewalu" (pronounced me-lay ay-wah-loo) which means, literally, "Eight Mile" :D

kuulani

I don't know if I like Eminem, but I wanna see this, so go buy it so I can borrow it from you :D

Is this like any other musician-turned-actor movie about a musician trying to make it ... like the Mariah & Britney ones?

Dave

the story seems semi-autobigraphical, though eminem denies it.
young rapper in detroit unsure of his talent. scrapes together the courage to follow his dream.
i'll hold my opinon of his acting skills till he has a role that is more of a stretch for him.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I think it's really the name of the trailer park he grew up in, or at least the road that the trailer park is on.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
There were 6 full posts between her referance and your post, MOE!!! Curly smacks Moe with 2 x 4 conveniently laid against wall.

nalani

the name of my student is one that belongs to his family .. not really sure what the significance was, but I'll be sure to ask him :)

as for "Eminem", the significance of his name has nothing to do with the trailer park .. his name is Marshall Mathers ... M and M .. his initials. *scared that I know that piece of trivia*

nalani said:
as for "Eminem", the significance of his name has nothing to do with the trailer park .. his name is Marshall Mathers ... M and M .. his initials. *scared that I know that piece of trivia*

He meant 8 mile, it was the trailer parks name or something yes, i think the area the clashes were held was called the '3 one 3'

flavio

Banned
Justintime said:
nalani said:

He meant 8 mile, it was the trailer parks name or something yes, i think the area the clashes were held was called the '3 one 3'

8 mile is the strip in Detriot with all the clubs/bars.