80gb Hard drive for THREE BUCKS?!

catocom

did you order one?
did they send you a receipt in the email?

I've got my finger on the send button..... :D

Squiggy

ThunderDick
The review didn't sound very promising...

Mike on 06-11-2003**Rated this item 3 of 5
Bought it because of the price and because of the Deskstar name which was made famous by IBM. Since Hitachi bought the name, I guess it has really gone down hill. I've had nothing but trouble with this hard drive. About a month into use, it must have been on the verge of a complete crash based on the pleasant noises it was making before I sent it to Hitachi to get it fixed. I've had it back for no more than 3 weeks and it is becoming apparent that it will once again need to be sent back for further repair.The performance for this harddrive is also below average even when it was working and the stability due to its poor quality has been horrific. I've lost a great deal of data with this hard drive and never plan on buying from Hitachi or IBM again when it comes to hard drives.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1 review

Comments:
Bought it because of the price and because of the Deskstar name which was made famous by IBM. Since Hitachi bought the name, I guess it has really gone down hill. I've had nothing but trouble with this hard drive. About a month into use, it must have been on the verge of a complete crash based on the pleasant noises it was making before I sent it to Hitachi to get it fixed. I've had it back for no more than 3 weeks and it is becoming apparent that it will once again need to be sent back for further repair.The performance for this harddrive is also below average even when it was working and the stability due to its poor quality has been horrific. I've lost a great deal of data with this hard drive and never plan on buying from Hitachi or IBM again when it comes to hard drives.

catocom

Yeah, I've seen good ones and bad ones, but for that price
I thought I'd take a chance.
I just ordered 4 of um.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Something is wrong.. I hope you guys get what you want.

The banner says "80GB IDE/ATA-6 UDMA 133 2MB CACHE DESKSTAR 180 GXP 7200 RPM"

the finer print says "INTERFACE: ATA6/ATA100"

catocom

Well if I get burned I can always contest it on my mastercard. :D
And it was only 21 bucks for 4 of um.
The 2 people that fury refereed to that orders 10 ea. might get a little pissed.

I'll probably just trust them to use as 2ndary drives to transfer large files
like DVD images and stuff.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
i ordered 6 of em for less than 20.00 i figure hell.
if i get burned we will blame gonz...:)

tommyj27

Not really Banned
yeah, you didn't click on the super secret discount price. duh. ;)

ordered 4 here. what's the worst that can happen? they can't [legally] change the amount they charge to a credit card can they?

catocom

Squiggy said:
The review didn't sound very promising...

yeah, but it does say 1yr warranty.
If I don't have to send it back more than twice it's still all good for
what I want them for. *puter*

and it does say the are SMART capable.