That does not define LAWFUL CONTACT.

Let's break it down.

What does the word "LAWFUL" mean?

Then.....

What does the word "CONTACT" mean?

Now, put the two words together "LAWFUL CONTACT"

CONTACT by a police officer that is within the extent of the LAW

Do you think the AZ gov. was lying when she said this:

"I will not tolerate racial discrimination or racial profiling in Arizona.

Because I feel so strongly on this subject, I worked for weeks with legislators to amend SB 1070, to strengthen its civil rights protections.

That effort led to new language in the bill, language prohibiting law enforcement officers from "solely considering race, color, or national origin in implementing the requirements of this section…"

spike

Now, put the two words together "LAWFUL CONTACT"

CONTACT by a police officer that is within the extent of the LAW

Exactly. Asking for directions, witnessing a crime, reporting a crime, "he smelled like weed", being the victim of a crime, "neighbors reported a disturbance", DUI stops, looking for witnesses, "fit the description", was in the area of a crime, etc.

You do not need to commit an offense nor does there even have to have been any offense committed.

So clearly you were wrong.

Do you think the AZ gov. was lying when she said this:

"I will not tolerate racial discrimination or racial profiling in Arizona.

Damn Cerise, this is like the third time I've covered this. I did not make any point about racial discrimination. Do you get that yet? Why are you continuing to try to argue against a point I did not make?

Cerise

Damn Cerise, this is like the third time I've covered this.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm. Every other librul, border-bashing, pro-illegal immigration supporter whining about this bill claims exactly that. Do you feel OK?

Are you saying you've gone off the reservation?

LAWFUL CONTACT: if you get pulled over for speeding, the officer may check on your immigration status.

UNLAWFUL CONTACT: "Officer, I'd like to report a crime." "OK sir. Just let me see your green card first." That will never happen. Your paranoid delusions of "fits the description/ he smelled like weed/neighbors reported a disturbance" police contacts are very telling. AND, are not probable cause.

ResearchMonkey

Damn Cerise, this is like the third time I've covered this. I did not make any point about racial discrimination. Do you get that yet? Why are you continuing to try to argue against a point I did not make?
This is nothing new for law enforcement here. It simply enforces existing law in an orderly manner. Really little fella' this is like 23rd time several people have made this clear you. You are wrong, no surprise there.

Wring out your panties and relax, smoke another joint, imagine your Che' Guevara and be happy.

spike

Hmmm. Every other librul, border-bashing, pro-illegal immigration supporter whining about this bill claims exactly that. Do you feel OK?

That's a completely dishonest statement. Some people are talking about racial profiling while others are talking about the freedoms every person is giving up. Neither of these make you "border-bashing" or "pro-illegal". It's like your saying "if you don't give up your freedom you're pro-illegal".

Reminds me of the flawed reasoning over the patriot act.

LAWFUL CONTACT: if you get pulled over for speeding, the officer may check on your immigration status.

UNLAWFUL CONTACT: "Officer, I'd like to report a crime." "OK sir. Just let me see your green card first." That will never happen. Your paranoid delusions of "fits the description/ he smelled like weed/neighbors reported a disturbance" police contacts are very telling. AND, are not probable cause.

Any of those are in fact "lawful contact". You are delusional if you think they are not. Lawful contact does not require that you commit any offense. You were simply wrong.

ResearchMonkey

It's a fascist state when police feel like they can question someone then ask for ID when you are legally wearing a sidearm. We need to dispense with the fascist gun laws.

Papers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.