A conundrum

A.B.Normal

If you look in the zip,it appears they have several 8.xx version,so you'll have to find the one in there you want,extract it and install.

tonksy

They said 8...these are not technologically savvy folks. They just knew that the upgrade to 9 caused issues.

chcr

Too cute for words
My dad's XP system had problems with flash, too, meaning no youtube videos or any other of a myriad of things. Install after install of flash wouldn't help. I eventually ended up finding the full flash reader program for download and doing it manually. I guess it FUBARed the first time around and subsequent installs just tried to build off of that.
That's always been a problem with winders. You can only get around it by deleting all the various .dlls and .inis involved and whatnot then editing the registry. A lot of times even a fresh install won't fix it if you don't so a low level format.

Whaaaaaat? Tell me that again real simple like.

In "My Computer" click "Tools" then "Folder Options." Under "File Types" is a list of every type of file you run and what program is associated with it. Note that if you change one you shouldn't it can really eff things up. I'm betting that one of these got changed in between when you could access chat and when you couldn't. If you can figure out what it is maybe you can change it back. :shrug:

Never mention to Steve that I told you anything about this please.
*peepwall*

Note that I have never run into anything that ran Flash that a newer version wasn't backward compatible with myself but I have run into things where it wouldn't recognize that Firefox had the plug-in.

tonksy

I am so not going there, Chic...Steve is apparently coming over on Saturday as Rob still has no sound. I am thinking I will wait and let him fuck with that if it comes to it.

tonksy

It works! I decided to try the oldest version instead of the newest and it works. Also, as far as my whole "nothing happened" thing...the old flash does not appear in add/remove software where the new one does.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The real Flash
current_flash.jpg