a cure for the maternal instinct?

HeXp£Øi±

Youza! Why so defensive bop? I'm mearly stating one path that can offer an individual a great amount of growth and good things are never easy. Clearly it is not for everyone. As with the rest of life take what works for you and leave the rest.

Dave

The truth is you don't really know how selfish you are until you have a child.
i've heard that line quite a few times when i tell people for the first time that i dont have any children. took awhile to realize most, if not all, of them were referring to themselves.
*not meant in an insulting way*

the dolts that ask whats wrong with me because i dont want to have children are another story.

tank girl

BeardofPants said:
An article by Sarah-Kate Lynch, a New Zealand writer, journalist, and columnist. No online source as of yet.

:D uhuh, I remember reading that in a magazine a while back. Makes some very good points: In fact, very convincing imo... :grinyes:

disclaimer:

I never said that I actually feel so crasily maternal to actually want one squirming little snotty-faced screamer of my own - in fact quite the opposite......

I just want lots of friends and relatives with them so that I can spoil them, make a fuss and then hand them back to their mummys and daddys when I'm done :lol:

but then, I do get all gooey and maternal when I look after them, thats why I need a cure :p and I guess that article certainly does the trick

"We don’t need pity, you see, and we don’t deserve scorn. We are just quite well dressed and sleep in a lot." teehehe
;) tanks bop

HeXp£Øi±

Spot said:
i've heard that line quite a few times when i tell people for the first time that i dont have any children. took awhile to realize most, if not all, of them were referring to themselves.
*not meant in an insulting way*

I know i'm speaking for myself. After all i can't speak for anyone else. You've heard it from many people, i've heard it from many people, obviously many people have come to this conclusion. :D

tonksy

having kids is a purely personal thing. i can say that while i may assume a couple would want kids i sure don't hold it against them in the slightest.

Winky

a prerequisite for properly popping out a brat is a good husband and since you both lack that, you can afford to claim to not want a bay-bay

HeXp£Øi±

Winky said:
a prerequisite for properly popping out a brat is a good husband and since you both lack that, you can afford to claim to not want a bay-bay

Man...sometimes you gotta learn to just keep those thoughts in your head. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BoP & tg...It's good not to have those feelings. Finish school, start a decent job, travel the world, do dirty nasty things for days, drink too much. In time all the crap gets old. It has no meaning. Then, get married & have a (some) kid(s). You'll realize how empty & meaningless life was without them.

BeardofPants

Gonz said:
BoP & tg...It's good not to have those feelings. Finish school, start a decent job, travel the world, do dirty nasty things for days, drink too much. In time all the crap gets old. It has no meaning. Then, get married & have a (some) kid(s). You'll realize how empty & meaningless life was without them.

And that is exactly the patronising crap I don't need. :grumpy: I know plenty of people who never had kids who are perfectly happy without them. The population is stable enough that it can do without BoP-lets. :shrug: And don't even get me started on marriage. :rolleyes: I'll stick with the civil union if I ever feel so inclined for a piece of paper. :swing:

BeardofPants

Winky said:

Third post... last one, I hope.

I've been in a stable relationship for 11 years. That's longer than a lot of people stay married for. :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
And that is exactly the patronising crap I don't need. :grumpy: I know plenty of people who never had kids who are perfectly happy without them. The population is stable enough that it can do without BoP-lets. :shrug: And don't even get me started on marriage. :rolleyes: I'll stick with the civil union if I ever feel so inclined for a piece of paper. :swing:

Patronizing? When you've been on both sides of the fence or dead you can explain how wrong I am. Until then, you're speculating.

Winky

"stable relationship"
how does that differ from being married?
Is it merely a matter of semantics?