Advantages of being vegan

Jeslek

Banned
OK :D Here is a list of advantages I can think of. I'm not trying to convert anyone, just listing them :)

1. A meat-eater not only takes in the animal cells and fats, etc. but also the waste products, e.g. chemical food stuff fed to the animals, drugs injected into the animal in the slaughter house, and the intoxicants, coloring and tenderizers sprayed on the dead animal by the market suppliers. By the way, hamburgers are made from Cow with the four D’s (Dead, Dying, Disabled, or Diseased). This is way so many children and young adults have died from eating hamburgers.

2. It is also suspected that meat-eaters are prime candidates for degenerative diseases, e.g. arthritis, gout, etc. Meat is one of the major sources of internal pollution. When an animal is slaughtered, uneliminated waste products remain in the tissue of the animal, which often give the meat its stimulating flavor. Uric acid and adrenaline, these toxins are secreted into the bloodstream and muscles of animals and get deposited. The fear and struggle to escape death stimulates the secretion of hormones like epinephrine, norepinephrine and steroids. No edible plant product has similar toxicity. The human body has to work 15 times more to get rid of that toxin, in spite of which some toxins remain and get accumulated in each and every cell.

3. A parasite, known for inducing miscarriage and causing blindness, jaundice and nervous disorders in newborn babies, was found in samples of animal meat from abattoirs and markets, particularly in third world countries. An article in the German Bunte magazine, entitled 'Karnka von Tiere' (Diseases from Animal) pointed out the diseases that arise from consumption of meat, apart from the reckless wastage of precious land and natural resources for livestock breeding. The article also emphasized on the benefits of meatless diet, and the current trend towards vegetarianism by an increasing number of Germans and in other European countries, notably amongst the younger generation. As a result of overall concern for a healthy diet, meat consumption in the west is declining. According to the Vegetarian society in UK, 7% of the population in UK and US are complete vegetarians with the number constantly increasing.

4. To preserve fish and prawns and other crustaceans, boric acid is widely used by food manufacturers. It attacks the liver and the brain, causing fits and coma before the victim dies of liver damage. Fruits and vegetables, however heavily sprayed, don't grow hormones, antibiotics and other drugs common in meat products.

5. Pigs carry trichinosis bacteria that cling to the walls of the stomach and intestines, which can be fatal. Beef and pork are highly acid forming and release into the blood-stream toxic poisons and microbes. But the WBC in blood may not be sufficient to destroy these microbes and so the toxic reactions set in.

OK now of a few of my own:

1. You feel so much better. More energy!

2. You grow a distaste for meat very fast.

3. Guys that are vegan taste better. If not for yourself, do it for your girlfriend/wife :D :p And I'm pretty sure that is the same with girls although I haven't researched that nor have I experimented.

4. No scrubbing dishes to get off greasy fast and blood.

Sooo, anyone got anything to add? :D ;)

whoreable

too bad it will leave u dead in a situation with just some piles of poo and a slab of baby ribs around.

that alone is enough not to make me change.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1) Veggies have toxins too. DDT & friends.

2)we all gotta die, 'cept me, I'm gonna live forever

3)veggies carry diseases too

4)see #1

5)see #1

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
LastLegionary said:
3. Guys that are vegan taste better. If not for yourself, do it for your girlfriend/wife :D :p And I'm pretty sure that is the same with girls although I don't have I haven't researched that nor have I experimented.

True.. the guys taste better. So do the gals. But if you're going for the best taste - pineapple.

Scanty

Thanks for the info, LL. I've beem meaning to look into it. I don't think I could be vegan, but vegatarian maybe... Still thinking about it.

HomeLAN

Tip: Humans are OMNIVORES!

Seems to me that it might be healthier to get a balance of nutrients by eating all types of food.

Jeslek

Banned
HomeLAN said:
Tip: Humans are OMNIVORES!

Seems to me that it might be healthier to get a balance of nutrients by eating all types of food.
I fully agree, and other living beings aren't food. :p

Jeslek

Banned
Mmm, nah. Meat doesn't offer any nutritional value that the plant kingdom can't offer me.

*hugs the plants, trees, and other wonderful thingies*

Psycho

Tree-hugging, ah yes... I rest my case... :D

I'll have a double Whopper and a big steak, being healthy also involves feeling healthy, and I feel healthy when I eat things I like, such as meat...

Jeslek

Banned
Psycho said:
Tree-hugging, ah yes... I rest my case... :D
lol. Ms Nixy, may I? :trout:

I'll have a double Whopper and a big steak, being healthy also involves feeling healthy, and I feel healthy when I eat things I like, such as meat...
lol before I switched I *thought* I felt healthy. It is an AMAZING change. Do it. :p

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
1. You feel so much better. More energy!

Never heard anybody complain that they had less energy when eating meat...that's :bs:

I like my occasional meat, and that cow just loves to die for my eating purposes..i asked her.

Honestly.

And that occasional pig that gives up her life to provide me spareribs is, well....proud, happy and thrilled to do so as well :p

Psycho

LL: one problem, I'm a problem child when it comes to food, there's a lot of things I don't like at all (puking involved), most of them are vegetables :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I love steak. That's all I ahave to say, there is nothing in this world that tastes better to me than a medium rare filet mignon.