advice, please

chcr

Too cute for words
I'm thinking about selling my 55 BelAir on ebay. Anyone ever sell anything? Got any helpfiul hints?

My son wrecked it ten years ago, it's been sitting since then. I don't have time or money to fix it up (got most of the parts) and I must get something that gets more than 16 mpg because gas prices are going to break me.

who was more upset when he wrecked it? him or you?
i bet she was a dilly before the accident.

tonks said:
who was more upset when he wrecked it? him or you?
i bet she was a dilly before the accident.

Hard to say, he thought I was going to kill him. I'd only been married to his mom a year.
It was finished before the accident.

Professur said:
That's just the openning bid. I'll probably go as high as $200, if you include shipping.

If I don't get quite a bit more, it's not leaving. I've got most of what it needs to run, just no time to put it together.

got an instruction manual? i have a couple of tools lying around here someplace. i know i have a hammer and one of those screwdrivers with the interchangeable pieces. i can come and get it....

chcr said:
I'm thinking about selling my 55 BelAir on ebay. Anyone ever sell anything? Got any helpfiul hints?
My uncle (lives in IA) restores cars both old (junkyard rescues) and new (totalled) and does one hell of a job. Not mint, of course, but definately show. The year/make escapes me currently, but he listed his latest project in Hemmings for four months with no interest or calls. A buddy of his offered to put it on ebay for him and he agreed. Sold to a guy in AZ for much more ($2k+ more) than what he was asking for. Wonderful experience.

In fact, given that success story, my dad's about to list one of our cars on ebay. Replica of a '39 Nash Rambler. Hope it works out similar. :)

Mirlyn said:
My uncle (lives in IA) restores cars both old (junkyard rescues) and new (totalled) and does one hell of a job. Not mint, of course, but definately show. The year/make escapes me currently, but he listed his latest project in Hemmings for four months with no interest or calls. A buddy of his offered to put it on ebay for him and he agreed. Sold to a guy in AZ for much more ($2k+ more) than what he was asking for. Wonderful experience.

In fact, given that success story, my dad's about to list one of our cars on ebay. Replica of a '39 Nash Rambler. Hope it works out similar. :)

That's what I'm thinking. I see lots of 55's and 56's a lot less complete than mine go for 1500-1700 on ebay, so I'm hoping I can make a little more on it that way than selling it locally.

Why don't you sell the Daimler-Chrysler product instead, and put your cash back into the Chevy? :grinyes: You'll be happier in the long-run...

Gato_Solo said:
Why don't you sell the Daimler-Chrysler product instead, and put your cash back into the Chevy? :grinyes: You'll be happier in the long-run...

The Stratus belongs to the boy, he might be a little upset if he got back from Japan later this year and his car was gone. :shrug: Having not killed him for the wreck, stealing his car might seem a little extreme. :D

chcr said:
The Stratus belongs to the boy, he might be a little upset if he got back from Japan later this year and his car was gone. :shrug: Having not killed him for the wreck, stealing his car might seem a little extreme. :D

Too bad for him...He wrecked your baby, so you used his to fix it. :grinyes: Sounds like justice to me. :D

Yeah, but it would be a penniless, single man's justice. :D Besides, he had permission to drive it to school and such, and the wreck was someone elses fault, who ran.

Back