Aliens

Do you believe intelligent life exists on other planets?

• Absolutely

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

• Probably not

• Absolutely not

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Serious poll ok? :D And please don't hijack the thread by trying to define "intelligent" and some shit like that... :p

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i voted probably.

according to likeability calculations there IS a most certain chance that alien lifeforms exist. thinking we are the only beings in the universe who are aware of things, and have a conscience, is highly selfish.
but, since we haven't discovered it YET, i can't say absolutely.

absolutely is relative after all.

[edit scientific proof was a bad choice of words, and wasn't what i meant )]

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i voted absolutely.

Earth can not be a singularity in this vast universe.

Hyphen

I voted 'I Don't Know' simply because i thought it was the quickest way of establishing a COMPLETE lack of knowledge in the field. It's a shame and it makes me wish i had been born 200-1000 years later so i could find out the answer. Fate plays some cruel tricks.

kuulani

Scientific proof is crap, seeing as they come from human minds and senses. I think if we exist here, there must be some kind of life form elsewhere.

Jeslek

Banned
ipmoof said:
Do you believe there exist intelligent life on other planets?

Nice grammar, homeboy.
Thanks for pointing that out... I know my English is rather bad sometimes. I'm still learning, and sometimes I confuse the English grammar with the grammar of my first, second and fourth languages. (English being third)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*is torn between mocking LL with moof or defending LL against moof sonce moof doesn't like Engineering girls*:eyebrow:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
with a near ninfinite number of planets, if only 1% is capable of sustaining life & of that, 1% has life & 1% of that has advanced life, ther has to be a few.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
ipmoof said:
Do you believe there exist intelligent life on other planets?

Nice grammar, homeboy.

bad attempt of making the correct sentence:
"Do you believe intelligent life exists on another planet?"

*waiting for correction* :D

ipmoof

Nixy said:
*is torn between mocking LL with moof or defending LL against moof sonce moof doesn't like Engineering girls*:eyebrow:

Would you rather I'd lied and say I love 'em? I am still waiting for some chick to change my mind... ;)

The girls on my course... oh man. I still do not know whether one of them is M/F and I am normally pretty good at sniffing out the genderbenders (shutup, LL). There are 253 people on my course: 242 guys, 10 girls and one "TBA". :D

Doing my particular degree, it's just me. And I am only barely doing it...

Jeslek

Banned
ipmoof said:
I am normally pretty good at sniffing out the genderbenders (shutup, LL).
Hm yeah, you seem to like them genderbenders as you call them.... Are they very sniffable? :p

Ardsgaine

Shadowfax said:
thinking we are the only beings in the universe who are aware of things, and have a conscience, is highly selfish.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. :p

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i do know what it means but i have no idea why i used in that sentence :confuse3:

i meant it would have been quite short sighted to think we are the only beings in the universe who are aware of things.

ok, that still sucks, but i have no idea how to explain it right now, i just came out of bed. :gmorning: