Amusing: King Herald (Norway) caught speeding...

Jeslek

Banned
Norway King escapes fine for speeding [/siz]

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's King Harald has been caught speeding in his car but will escape a fine due to royal immunity, a Norwegian daily has reported.

Verdens Gang said on Saturday that King Harald was stopped while driving his private car at a speed of 70 km (44 miles) per hour near Gol, a town in southern Norway, in a zone where the speed limit was 60 km per hour.

He will not pay any fine because Norway's 1814 constitution grants the monarch blanket immunity from prosecution for any crime or misdemeanour. An ordinary citizen would be fined about 1,000 crowns (85 pounds) for the infringement.

Gee, blanket immunity? :eek:

ris

hehehe, i like the finish speeding fine system, it would be funny if appleid to this guy.

in finland speeding fines are related to income, so if you earn a toss-load you pay more. a few years ago the had of nokia got caught. they reduced the percentage becuase the fine was enormous and he still paid 120k or something. :D :D

Jeslek

Banned
ris said:
hehehe, i like the finish speeding fine system, it would be funny if appleid to this guy.

in finland speeding fines are related to income, so if you earn a toss-load you pay more. a few years ago the had of nokia got caught. they reduced the percentage becuase the fine was enormous and he still paid 120k or something. :D :D
This is Norway :p Do they use the same system? I knew about Finland, but not about Norway.

ris

not that i know of, and as he has this blanket whatnot it wouldn't apply anyway.

just imagine adding up that wealth though. paintings, furtniture, country houses.. :D :D

mabam

Well since Norway is my neighbour, I won't hassle them too much. I know how much they love their Royal family..