And the thunder rolls

Djcake

http://weather.ca/weather/alerts/ont_est_avr.htm

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

RADAR IS DETECTING SEVERAL CLUSTERS OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS OVER
THESE REGIONS. THESE STORMS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE DAMAGING WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 90 KM/H..LARGE HAIL IN EXCESS OF 2
CENTIMETRES AND LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL IN EXCESS OF 50 MILLIMETRES IN
ONE HOUR.

THERE IS ALSO A RISK FOR THESE STORMS TO PRODUCE A TORNADO AND
DOPPLER RADAR HAS DETECTED MID LEVEL ROTATION IN SOME OF THE MORE
INTENSE CELLS.

Djcake

lol

the thunder is still going strong and hasnt let up yet..
the lightning is getting a bit more intense

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The streets here are SO FLOODED! We lost power at work...man...the water is like over a foot on the road I live off...it's closed.

Djcake

it get really dark quick...it looks like round 1 is over..just waiting for round 2 to come through

the was taken at about 3:20pm

Uki Chick

Montreal is just getting a bit of rain, but nothing serious and they're not calling for anything too bad either.

Good luck over there!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
greenfreak said:
...and you're using your computer? :eek:

Luis doesn't like thunder but he likes lightning. :D

Nothing beats a good flash of light :headbang:

Yesterday we had some lightning activity, a lightning stroke so hard that my room was momentarily iluminated by it, yet the sound took about 30 seconds to travel, the windows practially shaked (sp??) because of the vibration.

Professur

Djcake said:
woohoo the sun is starting to come out

time to fix up the back yard :smash2:

Anyone other than me wondering why Ontarians feel the need to measure weather phenomena by lawn furniture?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
that's funny! :eyemouth:

We postponed our camping trip cause of that storm. Maybe the September long weekend.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Anyone other than me wondering why Ontarians feel the need to measure weather phenomena by lawn furniture?

I measure it by a bus bench...I tell everyone I saw the water up to the bottom of a bus bench on the side of the road that is so high when I sit on the bench my feet don't touch the ground (I have taken the bus from this spot a few times)