Annual BBQ - unofficial OTC roundup

MrBishop

In case you missed it: http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=306519

I have a BBQ every year. It's usually sickeningly large. Since there are so many OTCers in my area, and a few from Nearby Toronto who have agreed to come, plus Unc if we can make plans, I thought to open up the offer to anyone on OTC.

The date's not fixed yet, but I'd be glad to host my BBQ (and perhaps a two-day affair if Paul and Uki are up to it) to all comers :)

So...who'd like an update on time/date/place?

RSVP

MrBishop

Professur said:
Your missus is gonna skin you alive. If you're lucky.

Are ya kidding? I'd already mentioned bringing in outside folx who might be in the area...so long as nobody eats the cats or thrashes the house...she'll love it. We've had a decline in the party anyway...Hell, last year, we barely broke 40 people :(

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:
The date's not fixed yet, but I'd be glad to host my BBQ (and perhaps a two-day affair if Paul and Uki are up to it) to all comers :)

So...who'd like an update on time/date/place?

RSVP

Of course we'd be up to it!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A thousand degree's below zero & 206 feet of snow on teh ground & you're talking BBQ...

OK, I won't kill you after all :D

MrBishop

Gonz said:
A thousand degree's below zero & 206 feet of snow on teh ground & you're talking BBQ...

OK, I won't kill you after all :D

Hell...I own 2 BBQs and have been known to go outside and BBQ in the middle of winter. I'm insane, but it'sa good kind of insanity....one that comes with years of homemade BBQ-sauce abuse :)

MrBishop

paul_valaru said:
Uhmm what do we bring?

(maple steamed ribs?)

Usually it's BYOB... some people bring either munchies, soft-drinks or a platter of something as well. Maple steamed ribs? twist my rubber arm why dontcha!

Camelyn

tonks said:
if i have a sitter i will be there.

Bring your kids :) I bring my holy terrors.

Funny BBQ story: A couple of years ago, I had a friend comming to visit for a few days from NY. Someone I had met online, and once before in person, in Halifax, but without my kids. I headed over to Bish's place for the BBQ and left my kids there while Bish and I went to pick up said friend at the train station. I got back to find that my kids (2 and 3 at the time) had securely tied one of the partygoers to a lawn chair. I turned to the friend and said "Yeah, those two are mine".

And my place is open for anyone needing a place to crash. I actually live *in* the city, not the burbs, like the other domesticated types :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Hell...I own 2 BBQs and have been known to go outside and BBQ in the middle of winter. I'm insane, but it'sa good kind of insanity....one that comes with years of homemade BBQ-sauce abuse :)

I BBQ year 'round. It was easier in a warmer climate though.

Dave

sounds interesting. let me know. if i'm not working ,i should be able to make it up there.