Another useless poll

In the house, how do you prefer walking around?

• barefeet all the time

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • barefeet, socks if it is too cold

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • socks

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • slippers of some kind

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • shoes

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

unclehobart

no ... no mud ... no snow.. shoes are 99% clean all the time. If I was told that the rules of a given domicile was to remove my shoes I would... otherwise I keep them on. In 33 years of going into peoples houses its never come up. Everyone wears what they wear. Wearing shoes in the house is utterly normal.

whoreable

i am with you. out of sheer laziness my shoes stay on a while after they are put on no matter where i am.

unclehobart

I do in summertime... not in winter. I keep it really chilly in here. My feet would freeze just running about with nothing or just plain socks. They don't retain heat worth a flip. I do own a pair of slippers... but I just never think of using them because of their limited utility.

Jeslek

Banned
At home I kept the room at about 16 - 18 Celsius. But in the winter I usually wear socks most of the time... Too damn cold in the basement. In the summer though, nah... toes are meant to be wiggled. lol.

unclehobart

its about 18 C in here as well... but a touch colder at ground level. It feels rather nice up in my bedroom.. after all.. heat rises and cold air sinks. That would put the chilliest air on my precious little piggies.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
If I had a pair of boots that broken in, I dare say I would call them slippers and wear them most of the time too.

Inkara1

If I haven't put on my shoes for the day, I walk around the house barefoot. If I've put on my shoes for the day, I don't take them off until I go to bed.

AlladinSane

Except if it's to warm, socks almost all the time. Even if the carpet is not cold the wall I put my feet agaisnt when I'm at the computer is. I've got some colds for not protecting my feet enough. At winter sometimes, socks are not enough so I wear an old pair of tennis. I would like to walk around barefoot but it's not healthy for me. I remeber it was an tradition around here when I was a kid to take out your shoes when visiting someone. Today less and less people follow it. But I still ask if I may take them out when visiting. Specially if there is carpet... At our house we let people do what they want. If they feel comfortable taking out their shoes, we offer them a pair of slippers. I personally think slippers to be a pain. They always fall off from the feet...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Barefoot, unless it is very cold then I put some socks on. If I have socks on they usually come off before I sleep though.

unclehobart

Scanty said:
the MUD ROOM?????
Mud rooms are quite common up north. Its just a small nondescript hallway or alcove that has a coatrack and shoe cleaning and storage implements. Its an area with a few heavy mats that can help clean up and store snow saturated shoes and boots out of the miserable weather outside. Such an area sometimes has the family washer and dryer for clothes as well.

unclehobart

The few mudrooms that I know of down here use linoleum or razor thin astro turf type of stuff. True tile is rather swanky and probably against building codes down here because some dipppy dee slipped in wet socks and cracked his noggin; sued and won.