antelope & ostrich

kuulani

The ostrich meat was very tender, prepared with some sauce from an Elephant tree in Africa - or something like that.

I wasn't brave enough to order the ostrich or antelope ... but I did eat it from my boyfriend and nephew's plate :D

It was during a bday dinner for my mum-in-law ... the cool thing was that the restaurant (http://www.kilauealodge.com/TheRestaurant.html) we went to printed "Happy Birthday Pua" on the menu!!

Jeslek

Banned
Scanty said:
I ate sparrow once.
Had that too, but I've had tofu with more taste. Frog legs honestly taste like chicken. Snake isn't good though, and I passed on the monkey brains (its a delicacy in some countries, chilled, raw, straight from the cranium).

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Here in Missouri, we eat Squirrel, Rabbit, Racoon, and Possum. They all look pretty disgusting, but it's not bad.

Jeslek

Banned
PuterTutor said:
Here in Missouri, we eat Squirrel, Rabbit, Racoon, and Possum. They all look pretty disgusting, but it's not bad.
Its called the other food group, Road Kill.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I DON'T eat road kill, only stuff I shoot. Anyone ever been rabbit hunting with a bow? It's quite a challenge.

Jeslek

Banned
Rabbits I can do, and rabbit stew. I don't hunt as a rule though, I'm mostly vegetarian and will certainly not kill to eat unless its dire times. But that is just me :)

But the animals you mentioned are SO always the road kill :p

kuulani

HeXp£Øi± said:
Anyone tried Muktuk, Seal, or hooligan oil?
Yummie..Not!
My girlfriends family hunts whales. :p

My hula school went to Alaska a few years ago, and the native Alaskans fed us things like that. What ethnicity is your girlfriend?

HeXp£Øi±

She's Inupiat eskimo and from Wales which is next door to Nome. We live in Ketchikan(Southeast Alaska) now and Fairbanks(central Alaska) in the winters. Where in alaska did you go and what were your impressions?

kuulani

HeXp£Øi± said:
She's Inupiat eskimo and from Wales which is next door to Nome. We live in Ketchikan(Southeast Alaska) now and Fairbanks(central Alaska) in the winters. Where in alaska did you go and what were your impressions?

My hula school loved it ... we hardly get snow here, so it was exciting ... leaving ice cream out on the hotel lanai was a big thrill!! ;)

The same Alaskans (Inuit), came to stay with us too. They were really nice, a little different culturally, but we got along fine :D