Anti-AIDS Enzyme!!

Altron

Although, I'm wondering how they found out that 27% of people who are HIV positive don't know it. I can just imagine someone filling out the survey:
27% of HIV positive people said:
"Are you HIV positive?"
Xyes _no
"Do you know that you're HIV positive?"
_yes Xno

MrBishop

Two ways actually.

1) You go to give blood/get a blood test/prepare for an operation and they test your blood and they say "Pardon me sir, but did you know that you were HIV positive?
2) You go to the hospital thinking that you've got a bad cold and they say "Pardon me sir, but did you know that you were HIV positive?

Take the number of people who say "WTF?" and extrapolate from there.

Either that or they're looking at potential transmission rates based on number of sexual partners on average and other 'risky habits' on average and comparing that vs. actual registered AIDS/HIV patients and saying that they really should have more people than they're currently counting.

Considering how many people refuse to go to Doctors unless they're on death's door..I wouldn't be surprised if 27% was a low estimate.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If you know the risks involved, sure. If you think that the worst that could happen is that you get someone pregnant and you're willing to face those consequences.

I can't find the stats now, but it's postulated that up to 27% of those afflicted with HIV in the Americas don't know it...and are likely to be passing it on.

So...how long has the world in general, and the US in particular, known how HIV is spread? That's the risk you ignore at your peril, but go ahead and screw anything with a heartbeat if it pleases you. Just don't come begging from the government if/when you get the virus. You take the risk, and you suffer the consequences. Its quite simple, really, whether you face that truth or not. Nobody wants to think it could happen to them, so we have a problem.

BTW...3.1 million is less than the population if New York city. You can fit more people on an island than you think...

Anyway...you seem to think that exposing an entire population to a containable disease is okay...why?

MrBishop

So...how long has the world in general, and the US in particular, known how HIV is spread? That's the risk you ignore at your peril, but go ahead and screw anything with a heartbeat if it pleases you. Just don't come begging from the government if/when you get the virus. You take the risk, and you suffer the consequences. Its quite simple, really, whether you face that truth or not. Nobody wants to think it could happen to them, so we have a problem.

BTW...3.1 million is less than the population if New York city. You can fit more people on an island than you think...

Anyway...you seem to think that exposing an entire population to a containable disease is okay...why?

3.1mil is the number of deaths/year. If you want to place those afflicted with HIV/AIDS...we're talking quite a few more. Containment by removal is too little/too late. If that had been attempted 25 years ago, when the numbers were much smaller, there still would've been a public outcry, but we might not be dealing with the numbers that we have today. Identifying, locating, tagging and relocating upwards of 100million people is another story.

In either case... the whole point of this thread is that there have been some major advances in medicine towards finding a cure for this virus and this is a good thing, whether or not anyone feels that those afflicted with it deserve their fate or not.

BB

It's a blood red flower sigynfying the remembrance of death, destruction and slaughter, merging into a satanic upside down cross casting it's demonic shadow across the earth.

It's exactly the kind of anti- icon symbolism (using and perverting the poppy) that would be a satanic av.

an upside down cross is the sign of the Anti-christ.

Correct me of i am wrong?

BB

i was kinda busy ... ;)

nice av! :grinyes:

..next door but one is much better than next door :D ... unless you are Gordon Brown of course ...

except' ya canna win on the ol' complainin' about ya neighbours gig ... well not with him or her at 667 anyway ;) **

you know, that started as a joke but the more i looked at it / couldn't help but think about it ... that really was one spooky Satanic AV.

seriously.

Glad ya changed it Bud!

best, BB ;)

I am assuming a one-sided street, rather than odd numbers on one side and even numbers on t'other ... you guys over there do that btw????

BB

Not funny. :p I kinda like him, but we do disagree from time to time.

yes, well ...when he is not spooking around with occult iconography :eek5: ..it's kinda hard NOT to like da Bish ..da master .... da wise man of the mountyain / darlek overlord ....

;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I am assuming a one-sided street, rather than odd numbers on one side and even numbers on t'other ... you guys over there do that btw????

In the US, one side is even, the other, odd.

Gato_Solo

3.1mil is the number of deaths/year. If you want to place those afflicted with HIV/AIDS...we're talking quite a few more. Containment by removal is too little/too late. If that had been attempted 25 years ago, when the numbers were much smaller, there still would've been a public outcry, but we might not be dealing with the numbers that we have today. Identifying, locating, tagging and relocating upwards of 100million people is another story.

It's not impossible, and you'd be surprised how quickly it could be done given a decent budget for the 'sweep'. Sure...the rich and 'powerful' would be the hardest to get, but thats another story.

Bish said:
In either case... the whole point of this thread is that there have been some major advances in medicine towards finding a cure for this virus and this is a good thing, whether or not anyone feels that those afflicted with it deserve their fate or not.

And the most effective prevention is still monogamy and not doing intraveinous drugs with dirty needles.

Gato_Solo

Who's talking prevention...we're talking cure. Less people to toss on that fantasy island.

Once we get the infected away from the healthy population, then work on a cure. Much more efficient, given that you have millions of folks who actually want to be cured, and may offer to be test subjects, dontcha think?

BTW...the most effective way to cure a disease is to find the source and then contain it. ;)