anyone still kickin' it old school?

POStech

I was wondering last night does anyone still use a VCR to record TV shows?
I got my self a TV tuner card a few months back and love it. Saves me from getting up at 7:30am Sunday mornings to watch an F1 race.

chcr

Too cute for words
Why would you kick your VCR?

Linux based PVR in the living room, DVD recorder in the bedroom. The kitchen TV has a built in VCR but we never use it.

Edit: Guess I'll have to upgrade the PVR when we get HDTV for christmas.

Starya

My vcr hasn't been used in... uh... very long. I think I used it one time when my ma visited, to record her favourite tv-show while we were out. And all my vcr's have been programmable.

Inkara1

I have two VCRs. One in the computer room (I got it for my 13th birthday) and a combo VCR/DVD player in the bedroom (to be able to watch movies in bed).

Don't use either one much these days.

tonksy

We have a VCR in the girl's playroom for kid videos I do not wish to buy on DVD and then we have a combo VCR/DVD in our bedroom.

Altron

At my parent's house, I have a nice Sony VCR that I picked up Open Box with a remote and everything for $20, retail is $85 on it.

My mom used it to tape The Office in case I wasn't around to see it.

Now, though, I don't have a VCR or even a television. Just a computer.

unclehobart

I point an old 8mm camera at the tv and devlop the film by hand! It gives every show that 1950s backyard grainy home movie quality.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a VCR, my mom's friend gave it to me. I rarely use it but I do have some things on VHS and I sometimes use it to record stuff.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I think it's in the basement along with the casette player & the non AC3 receiver.

Error

Banned
We've used our VCR to tape races and... we taped a movie on it recently seeing as before it was played on tv, it had only ever been released in theaters in a few cities... why it went straight to tv is anyones guess... but it's not even on DVD yet... so we taped it... maybe thats illegal...