Are you a hoarder or a chucker out?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely a 'tweener of a and b. I like to keep old stuff for nostalgia's sake, but occasionally I go through and delete some stuff I have no use for and don't think I'll be wishing I hadn't deleted. Except for when it's an emergency and I have to delete to save space. Then I'm almost definitely a chucker outer. Any file that is not absolutely necessary for whatever operation I'm doing will be sent to oblivion

Q

I'm a hoarder amidst organized chaos....and I don't balance my checkbook either.

Q

Exactly! ...and even if after hours of wasted time, I found a discrepancy...who would be right...me or the bank??

pffffft, not me, even if I were:rolleyes:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I feel the same way, I use my checkbook responsibly, and look at the statements just to see if I still have money, but I haven't balanced the thing in over a year. Maybe I should sometime, but I figure at this point, it's gonna be easier to get a new account, let that one sit for a month or two, then close it. Wallah, balanced.

greenfreak

I used to try to balance my checkbook but I wound up taking money out of the ATM too much and forgetting to put it in there. Then I'd come up with a discrepancy but it would be a suspicious amount like $101.50 and then I'd remember that I stopped at 7-11 to get some money and they charged me the $1.50 fee. So I stopped bothering.

alex

staight up organized chucker. I hate clutter. I use a check card for 98% of purchases and I balance out my checking account to the penny every Saturday morning with Quicken and if there is a descrepency, I keep 5 years backlog of all reciepts and billing statements. I keep my house clean and the rooms picked up. My only downfall is.... [organ music]DISHES[/organ music].....I hate washing dishes. I have been known to throw away dishes that have gotten rank. I'll even restack dirty dishes sometimes so it doesn't look like many dishes.

oh, and I don't fold clothes. They go straight from the dryer to the the bed and stay there till use them :headbang:

Fire*Star

I tend to do annual hoarding. I like to pile up at least 1m of piled papers before I chuck it all out! It's like my little goal :D

unclehobart

I let it pile up for about 18 months and then end up hucking most of it out. I like to keep it all about for an annual comparison of what stuff cost me last year ... just to see how much more they are shafting me.

Stop Laughing

Haha, when we were moving my grandmother, we found all sorts of crap, which of course she didn't want thrown out and had to be packed in about 10 boxes or so. She even still kept her mother's health insurance card! :eek:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
you should see my room, i have so much useless crap. my cleaning comes in spurts, sometimes i just start cleaning at 3 in the morning and things are clean for a while. I've got a stack of bills, bank statements, etc. stuffed under my monitor waiting to be opened, i know exactly what's in them because i do most everything online so what's the hurry? anything i don't want to hold on to that contains identifiable information I burn (i don't have a shredder), okay maybe i'm a bit paranoid