Are you drunk or are you just 2?

Thulsa Doom

Ever notice how toddlers are JUST like really drunk adults? The other day I was standing in a copy store waiting for something and a father comes in with a kid two years old maybe three. The kid comes storming in the place like a bullet yelling and smiling then stops dead in her tracks and looks at something. Then throws her sippy cup on the floor and stumbles into some woman trying to leave the store. Her father helps her up to her feet and she stumbles around a little more yelling and bumping into stuff. At one point some music is playing that she apparently likes and she starts jumping up and down and dancing but just knocks more stuff over. Finally she wonders back over to her dad and hugs him around the leg and starts acting all affectionate/clingy with him like a tiny little lush. THEN she falls backwards and starts sobbing so her father picks her up and in about a minute shes passed out on his shoulder. And i had a deja vu moment because a friend of mine did the EXACT same thing (I mean EXACTLY the same) on new years. Only she is 26 I think. Makes me wish i could be two again so I could be drunk 24/7 and people would just think it was cute. Now when you throw up on someone they get all annoyed. And I want someone to encourage ME to belch! no fair...

tonksy

my kids don't act like that in public...ok...so malory has been known too but she isn't 2 yet...basically they know if they start acting like animals they go home.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
Makes me wish i could be two again so I could be drunk 24/7 and people would just think it was cute. Now when you throw up on someone they get all annoyed. And I want someone to encourage ME to belch! no fair...

I don't think it's cute. I mean, all kids misbehave but it's the kids who sit there in the cart and SCREAM or run around making a mess while their parents shop and the parents do NOTHING about it that pisses me off. It's never CUTE but it's understandable sometimes and when the parents take actions to prevent it or punish it (by leaving for example) that is OK but when the parents decide to let the kid "tire themselves out" in the middle of the store...*shakes head* If I WANTED to dodge running kids I'd workin a daycare thank you.

Ms Ann Thrope

Thulsa Doom said:
do you find drunk people equally as annoying?

I do. But then it's been years and years since I've been around anyone really rip-roaring drunk. Don't get me wrong, I love to drink: wine, spirits, beer, all of it. I just hate loud obnoxious people, such as 2 year olds and drunks. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
do you find drunk people equally as annoying?

I do indeed

If they're MY friend then I try to take them away from crowds of people as quickly as possible (although dragging a 20year old kicking and screaming is a BIT harder than dragging a 2 year old...) and if it's someone else's friends then I think that THEIR friends should be getting them home and to bed ASAP

Cheese

Makes me wish i could be two again so I could be drunk 24/7 and people would just think it was cute. Now when you throw up on someone they get all annoyed. And I want someone to encourage ME to belch! no fair...

I actually find little kids who behave like that rather annoying:S

Mare

tonks said:
i don't mind a happy drunk but i hate a sloppy, stinky, pukey drunk.

Ditto Tonks-and the ones with the crying blues- (hey look found my smiley guy) :rofl4: