Ashtray Etiquette and Tiffany

dragonstar

I have no ashtray etiquette and it’s a problem. Everyday I end up with a least 1 pile of skanky butts and ash on my floor, couch, bed or myself. I bought a vacuum cleaner for this purpose, Tiffany. But now Tiffany has turned against me and has joined with the ashtrays in making my life a filthy hell. This morning as usual I knock over an ashtray, grab Tiffany, but she wouldn’t suck at all. Stupid me, I hadn’t cleaned her in a while, she must be rather full. I open her up and pull gently to remove the bag, no movement. I pull a little more and, oh! I think we have action! A little harder pull and I have the bag, YES!!! Not in my hands though. I watch in slow motion as the bag sails across the room leaving a trail of the remnants from 3 months of heavy smoking. The stench was unbearable, and my carpet, oh the carpet, once beige is now grey. I need to quit smoking, or can someone please tell me where I can find that elusive ashtray that empties itself every 3 hours. I know it has to be out there somewhere, waiting for me.

freako104

dragonstar said:
I have no ashtray etiquette and it’s a problem. Everyday I end up with a least 1 pile of skanky butts and ash on my floor, couch, bed or myself. I bought a vacuum cleaner for this purpose, Tiffany. But now Tiffany has turned against me and has joined with the ashtrays in making my life a filthy hell. This morning as usual I knock over an ashtray, grab Tiffany, but she wouldn’t suck at all. Stupid me, I hadn’t cleaned her in a while, she must be rather full. I open her up and pull gently to remove the bag, no movement. I pull a little more and, oh! I think we have action! A little harder pull and I have the bag, YES!!! Not in my hands though. I watch in slow motion as the bag sails across the room leaving a trail of the remnants from 3 months of heavy smoking. The stench was unbearable, and my carpet, oh the carpet, once beige is now grey. I need to quit smoking, or can someone please tell me where I can find that elusive ashtray that empties itself every 3 hours. I know it has to be out there somewhere, waiting for me.

when i used to smoke i used to use cups as ash trays and wash them out. that or i smoked outside

dragonstar

freako104 said:
when i used to smoke i used to use cups as ash trays and wash them out. that or i smoked outside

i unfortunately have a similar problem with substances that have liquid properties, :drink:

and also those that have solid properties.

dragonstar

Luis G said:
wash the ashtrays daily, is that SO hard?

well, get one first :p

I happen to own 5 ashtrays, each within arms reach so i never have to actually touch one in case it falls, and also to ensure any particular ashtray doesn't fill up extrememly fast

Silver lady

Just think of it this way that for each one of those little white sticks you are putting into your body 5 minutes of your life is going!! The only way to reverse it is to stop smoking!! easier said than done I know but believe me it is worth it. No more dog breath of a morning, no more stale smell of smoke following you everywhere, your health will improve and you won't get so out of breath so quickly! but it'l be hell for a while but others have done it so come on the hoover will thank you too! :lol2: :winkkiss:

IDLEchild

Just think of it this way that for each one of those little white sticks you are putting into your body 5 minutes of your life is going!!

For some that would be an incentive to smoke rather than the intended opposite.

dragonstar

I had actually stopped smoking for 5 years and finally got rid of those nicotine stains on my fingers -

But quit for good? NEVER!!!!!!!

When the companies start manufacturing only menthol cigarettes, I would definately stub out my final smoke and run far away, the world would stink even more!

Oz

Smoke cannabis for a while........soon start learning ashtray ettiquete when the hot rocks burn your clothes, furniture, carpet and pet cats :eh: ;)

Another lil' incentive to empty the ashtrays is. When you wake up, put your nose an inch from the astray and inhale really deeply........works particularly well if you have a hangover. :sick3: