Asphalt vs. Concrete

Toolbox™

Actually, the proper way to build a road is to put the asphalt on top of the concrete! Plain old concrete is stickier for tires but the surface cannot match the smoothness of asphalt. Concrete is also noisier.

I prefer asphalt any day. I've been in three pretty bad slides off of a motorcycle and I got way more hurt on the concrete. It's like sandpaper and took much longer for the wounds to heal.

:D :D :D

A.B.Normal

In "V bulletin3 blue" I can see a difference ,but I normally view the Forums in Vbulletin 3 Green and there is no appreciable difference then.I imagine Vbulletin 3 Silver would be no different .:swing:

Sharky

greenfreak said:
I noticed a lot more concrete roads when I drove down to Florida. It seemed like the warmer the area, the more concrete I saw. Which would make sense if it doesn't hold as much heat as asphalt does.

I haven't seen any concrete roads on the Panhandle. Interstate 10 used to be concrete all the way across the Panhandle, but the state recently finished paving over the concrete with the water-draining type of asphalt. The asphalt is a hell of a lot smoother, the concrete slabs had cracked a lot where the sand shifted underneath them.

All of our bridges are cast-section concrete - except for the drawbridges. :cool:

Sharky

A.B.Normal said:
In "V bulletin3 blue" I can see a difference ,but I normally view the Forums in Vbulletin 3 Green and there is no appreciable difference then.I imagine Vbulletin 3 Silver would be no different .:swing:

I'm using the green, and the bars containing the posts are alternating shades of grey, one slightly darker than the other. Toolbox's sig graphic has a blue box behind it.

BTW - kewl sig graphic, Toolbox. :cool: