auditory dyslexia

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Seems to me, what is or isn't a "real part" of the discussion should be damn well left up to the member doing the posting. If it sat undisturbed for nearly a year, it didn't violate any OTC rules.

boo hoo

and it did what harm to remove it? it was a polite request, and no one here had used the names, in fact it was only taken out of a pasted story, and had no bearing on anything what-so-ever.

SO a woman doesn't want her name or her childs name associated with the mud raking that ensued, I don't blame her.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
so basically everyone is upset about a little edit over nothing, just another thing to get up in arms about so you can rant and rave.

drama queens

Dave

it wasnt till she popped in here and made it such by asking for names to be edited out. gonz was making a point about how sloppy society has become in regards to child rearing and his opinion on the dearth of syndromes that are tossed about like so much confetti these days. i didnt read the original post as a personal attack on her. a general one maybe, but not her specifically.
furthermore, if she is so interested in what her kid might/might not find, there is always web filters as AB mentioned, or she could just sit the kid down and have a frank discussion with her about what the thread is about and how people can react negatively to just about anything. instead she wants to take the easy way out and have potentially negative opinions more difficult to find. either by accident or on purpose.

Professur

paul_valaru said:
so basically everyone is upset about a little edit over nothing, just another thing to get up in arms about so you can rant and rave.

drama queens

Funny, that's exactly what they like to call Constitutional Amendments too.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Funny, that's exactly what they like to call Constitutional Amendments too.

yes, cause taking a name out of post in a website that is not in anyway a news site is equal to amending a constitution.

:rolleyes:

Inkara1

I've ran into both sides of the issue even on the sports page. I ran a picture of a kid fumbling the football, and his mom wrote me a complaint e-mail. Later in the year, I omitted a name from a track story, because the information I got didn't include the name, and her mom bitched bitched at me on the phone and accused me of being biased towards boys in my track coverage.

It's what's known as wanting it both ways. The kid does something good, and the parents get pissed if it's not in the paper. the kid does something bad, or, in this case, not even truly bad, and the parent gets pissed if it is in the paper, or if someone says something that's not glowingly positive.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Inkara1 said:
I've ran into both sides of the issue even on the sports page. I ran a picture of a kid fumbling the football, and his mom wrote me a complaint e-mail. Later in the year, I omitted a name from a track story, because the information I got didn't include the name, and her mom bitched bitched at me on the phone and accused me of being biased towards boys in my track coverage.

It's what's known as wanting it both ways. The kid does something good, and the parents get pissed if it's not in the paper. the kid does something bad, or, in this case, not even truly bad, and the parent gets pissed if it is in the paper, or if someone says something that's not glowingly positive.

you have the freedom of the press, you report, this here is not a report, its a collection of opinions and made up facts.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
oh yeah, all these opinions are my own, just an answer to any other waste of genetic material who wants to bad karma me questioning my reasons for posting.

Professur

paul_valaru said:
yes, cause taking a name out of post in a website that is not in anyway a news site is equal to amending a constitution.

:rolleyes:

Call me an absolutist. For me, speeding is speeding, 10km over the limit, or 100. And censorship of a name, is still censorship. The poster has stated clearly he didn't agree with he post being modified.

You can join her on the list for a while.*ignore*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Call me an absolutist. For me, speeding is speeding, 10km over the limit, or 100. And censorship of a name, is still censorship. The poster has stated clearly he didn't agree with he post being modified.

You can join her on the list for a while.*ignore*

Gladly

Inkara1

paul_valaru said:
you have the freedom of the press, you report, this here is not a report, its a collection of opinions and made up facts.

You mean sort of like an opinion column? An editorial? Taking an existing news story and then starting opinions on it?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Inkara1 said:
You mean sort of like an opinion column? An editorial? Taking an existing news story and then starting opinions on it?

you mean an op-ed peice in a newspaper or news site??

Inkara1

This is a NEWS ITEM. The NEWS story did not originate here, but it is dicsussed here.

Know what? Never mind. Never fucking mind.

Of course, next time anyone thinks we should be free to discuss George W. Bush's daughters and underage drinking, we should snip out their names as well if he (or one of his staffers) asks us.

Inkara1

Yes. Done. It's pretty obvious that me, gonz, prof, dave, and a.b. normal get it, and you and leslie don't, and it will forever stay that way.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It's pretty obvious tath the actually original story, safe at it's own website was not changed in anyway, so it is equally clear this is all about your fragile egos.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
let's see a request was made, and it was done cause it changed nothing in the discussion, we are not a news site. and everyone goes apeshit cause now they have an excuse to.