Bachelorette party

greenfreak

So my sister leaves me a voice mail that she wants to know what I want to do for my Bachelorette party. (she's only planning this 9 months early)

I call her back and say that I'm not too keen on the stripper thing; I'd rather go out with the girls to a restaurant, maybe some drinking and dancing. She says THANK YOU! I said, for what? She said, I told Mommy that I knew you better than she did.

Apparently, my sister said I wouldn't want to go to a strip club and get crazy. My Mother said Tricia isn't that dull. My sister said, Oh yes she is. :eh:

Am I dull because I can have a good time without some oiled up grease monkey rubbing his crotch in my face? I've been to other Bachlorette parties, done the stripper thing, it's not that exciting to me. I'd rather go to a dance club with the girls in a limo so we could all have a good time.

Uki Chick

greenfreak said:
So my sister leaves me a voice mail that she wants to know what I want to do for my Bachelorette party. (she's only planning this 9 months early)

I call her back and say that I'm not too keen on the stripper thing; I'd rather go out with the girls to a restaurant, maybe some drinking and dancing. She says THANK YOU! I said, for what? She said, I told Mommy that I knew you better than she did.

Apparently, my sister said I wouldn't want to go to a strip club and get crazy. My Mother said Tricia isn't that dull. My sister said, Oh yes she is. :eh:

Am I dull because I can have a good time without some oiled up grease monkey rubbing his crotch in my face? I've been to other Bachlorette parties, done the stripper thing, it's not that exciting to me. I'd rather go to a dance club with the girls in a limo so we could all have a good time.

No, you're not boring. All I wanted to do for my bachelorette was have a slumber party and get drunk at home.

Be glad your sister asked you what you wanted. Mine didn't bother asking, planned what she would like to do, made me go out and spend money I didn't have to buy a new outfit for the night and off we went. It was an ok night, but not at all what I wanted to do.

We all have different ideas of what we would like and after all, it's YOUR bachelorette party, not anyone elses. You should have fun too and not make it a night for others to enjoy themselves while you hate every second of it.

catocom

After the drinking, and dancing...THAT's when you'll want the stripper. :lol2:

btw, I didn't know you were about to take the plug. Congratulations. :)

HomeLAN

You're not alone. My bachelor party was a massive drunken poker game at a buddy's house. Whatever YOU'RE into is what it should be. Shit, it's your wedding.

Professur

greenfreak said:

Does that mean i have to return your Mom's deposit, and the train fare?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
catocom said:
btw, I didn't know you were about to take the plug. Congratulations. :)
You make it sound so romantic! :laugh:

That's not dull. What you're wanting to do sounds like a great perfect evening with your friends the night before which conveniently won't result in a horrible hangover and the face of death the next day. It's exactly what you should do.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
You're not alone. My bachelor party was a massive drunken poker game at a buddy's house. Whatever YOU'RE into is what it should be. Shit, it's your wedding.
I might have gotten something saucier except I was poor in those days. A budget is a budget. Food, liquor, ice, cigars... it chews up the cash fast.

HomeLAN

unclehobart said:
I might have gotten something saucier except I was poor in those days. A budget is a budget. Food, liquor, ice, cigars... it chews up the cash fast.

Hey, I wasn't complaining. That was what I wanted.

unclehobart

Professur said:
Was your best man whorking chunks afterwards?
Nah. I only had half a dozen drinks. I was the quasi host and felt a semi need to remain lucid to keep the other partiers watered and fed.

rrfield

I went to a buddies bachelor party last weekend, typical stuff, lots of alcohol and a stripper. The stripper didn't do anything for me. My fiance is much better looking and has a better body. Same goes for the bachelors bride-to-be.

I'm getting married in almost exactly a year. My bachelor party will probably be a Fantasy Football Draft :D The timing is perfect.

HomeLAN

Professur said:
Was your best man whorking chunks afterwards?

Nah, that'd be me. :D

I was smart enough to do it the weekend before the wedding. Who wants to be hung over enough to fall asleep on top of the bride on your wedding night?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
greenfreak said:

Damn. There go my tips...:mope:

Greenfreak said:

greenfreak

Thanks guys, I feel better. If I had gotten married 10 years ago, maybe I would have gone for the stripper thing. But you're right, it is MY party and I'll be dull if I want to. ;)

I don't plan on getting fall-down drunk. Just buzzed enought to let loose a little. I don't get hangovers but I always wind up yacking by the end of the night, NOT something I'm really fond of.
My sister booked a vacation house the week before my wedding so it will have to be two weeks beforehand and I'm glad. I don't want to do this last minute, I have a feeling there will be many other things to think about.

greenfreak

Thanks Cat, didn't catch that before. :) Now that we finally made the decision to do it, I'm liking the idea of being Mrs. **** more and more.