"back in the day"

nalani

so, we're camping .. and my son and other nephews his age are talking and they keep making reference to "back in the day" ... I was like "umm.. hello? You're all of 15 years old .. you don't have a day ... today is your day.."

geez ... in such a hurry to have a day :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Isn't there a rule that you can't say that until you are at least 30?

unclehobart

one 16 year old leans over his cane to impart the wisdom to a rapt 14 y/o. 'Ye know.... back in my day... we didn't have neer a single 64mb Nintendo ... nosiree. We had to settle for an 8mb nintendo... and we were lucky to get it... what with war rationing and all.'

kuulani

[14-year old] oh yeah? archaeologists have found an ATARI in my older brother's closet [/14-year old]

unclehobart

ATARI didnt come out until I was like 7y/o. We opressed children of the age had to suffer with running around out in the sunshine and building forts and using our imaginations... *shudder*

nalani

[15 year old] Hey that's nothing .. did you know my mom has this thing called a stereo in her closet and it has a cassette player and a big round thing that you put something called a record on and in the front, it has a VCR slot! [/15 year old]

[/siz]

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a cassette player in my van. I don't know about the 2002 model but for 2001 cassette players were still standard and cd cost extra...

kuulani

ris said:
my little bro barely remembers cassettes, very very bad.

my sister probably doesn't remember cassettes either ... she's probably also never even touched a record!

kuulani

nalani said:
[15 year old] Hey that's nothing .. did you know my mom has this thing called a stereo in her closet and it has a cassette player and a big round thing that you put something called a record on and in the front, it has a VCR slot! [/15 year old]

[/quot]

[5-year old] What's a VCR? [/5-year old]

PT

I found a bunch of records in the basement a few months ago, was down there looking through them, and two of my kids came down, the 9 y/o and 7 y/o. I had a hell of a time convincing them they were what I used to listen to "back in the day". Finally ended up explaining, that "Yes, they are like big black cds"

nalani

umm.. that "VCR" slot is actually *can't believe I'm admitting this one* .. an 8 Track Player ... yes, I had the ultimate Kenmore setup .. live and direct from a Sears near you .. the triple combo ... cassette deck ... turn table ... and 8 Track Player ... complete with AM/FM radio that had a dial ...:D

nalani

LOL@ PuterTutor .. I used to have 12" singles and my son would trip out saying "there's only one song on that whole thing?" :D

here's something I wanna know ... who remember Beta Max ... and who knew some stoopid fool who invested in one? :D

kuulani

nalani said:
LOL@ PuterTutor .. I used to have 12" singles and my son would trip out saying "there's only one song on that whole thing?" :D

here's something I wanna know ... who remember Beta Max ... and who knew some stoopid fool who invested in one? :D

*looking around* We had one.

My sister was tripping out when my dad brought out some old home movies and had to set up the screen and the projector ... :D

PT

Had one, but I'm not taking credit for it. I remember my dad used to get so pissed when the video stores started opening that everyone carried those DAMN VHS tapes.

unclehobart

My dad and gramps both have a betamax machine. They were and still are 10 times better than VHS. 20 years old... and still going strong... and better quality than the machines they put out now.

alex

I used to have an 8-track in my Mach I. I always hated when I bought a new 8-track and the tape switched tracks right in the middle of the best song on the tape. My ex-girl had a beta-max when she moved down from New York.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Beta Max kicked VHS's ass anytime! It just got dumped because of bad marketing.

Now didn't we see the same thing happen to Apple Macintosh?
It's a shame marketing is more important than technology. :(