Bad poll URL

Q

I think the server got confused when the poll was posted by someone other than

...oh nevermind
n/c

Stop Laughing

Justintime, click the link. Notice how "otcentral.xibase.com" are completely missing from it. I'm guessing it'll take fury approximately 8.4 seconds to fix it once he finds it. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I fixed this once and it started putting extra slashes in the URL every time you were redirected. I'll have to look into the poll system a little deeper and see if the problem is from some typo in the program code, because other redirects work fine

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Really?!

Weird... :eek6:

OK, everyone, if you can tell me what browser you're using, and whether or not you have problems when redirecting after voting in a poll, I'd really appreciate it. :headbang:

sbcanada

Sometimes I have problems redirecting after voting, sometimes I don't. Most of the time it works. Internet Explorer 6.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Netscape 6.1, currently on windows98, but i also browse the forums with netscape 6.1 under Linux.

Pure netscape here as you see.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:rolleyes: weird, that has never happened to me, i just voted on the cell-phone brand poll.

Q

I just voted in the nationality poll and got redirected to a Union Jack :confuse3:

win98/IE6

ris

the board obviously wants you to change your vote ;)

it sounds similar to something i've experienced once or twise when logging in on the front page. when it redirects you after you've typed in user/password i get sent to a blank page with the world cup 2002 logo on it and nothing more.

when i go back i'm logged in fine, but it is kinda weird

i guess otc is alive :eek: :D