Bank of America shoots gun manufacturer in the back.

jimpeel

B of A decided they did not want to do business with a firearms manufacturer. McMillan is not seeking a better banking climate and they will no longer accept any orders which are to be paid for with a B of A card. In addition, there are thousands of firearms owners cancelling their B of A cards and accounts.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/04/3990-bank-of-america-says-no-to-gun-manufacturer/
Bank Of America Says “No” To Gun Manufacturer
April 21, 2012

McMillan Group International wrote on their Facebook page yesterday that Bank of America no longer wants their business? Why? Because of the nature of the business: guns.
According to the company’s Facebook post. McMillan, one of the most well-known and respected brands in the firearms industry, had been “collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Yesterday, however, after a meeting originally scheduled as an “account analysis” with Ray Fox, a Senior Vice President with Bank of America, McMillan was informed the bank no longer wanted their business.

Fox initially began talking about how McMillan had changed in the last 5 years, becoming “more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.”

Kelly McMillan, Director of Operations for McMillan Group International, interrupted: “Can I possibly save you some time so you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business. “

Fox responded, “That is correct.”

McMillan informed him they would close their accounts as soon as possible noting they would find a “2nd Amendment friendly bank” instead. She asked, “You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI, and everyone I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

Fox reportedly confirmed the move was a “politically motivated decision.”

McMillan also wrote that they would “soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.”

2minkey

bootlicker
i'd really like a mcbros .50BMG. so cool.

the bank sucks. it's still their right to decide they want to do business with. and our right as well. if i had a BoA account, it would have been closed earlier today.