Basic guidelines

fury

Administrator
Staff member
1) Read the AUP
2) Read the AUP closer this time
3) All situations not covered by #1 and 2 will be left up to the moderators to make judgement calls. Expect locks to be put on such threads as "SPAM-O-MATIC 3000L: BIG LONG POST ABOUT NOTHING!", "You son of a cock sucking motherfucking piece of maggot turd, I'm gonna fuck you up!", "I don't like OTCentral, but I'm going to keep coming here because I'm a lamer and I like to go to sites I don't like and keep telling them I don't like them", and any thread that degenerates into pure swearing and namecalling.

Any suggestions?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Good plan, but I'd like to add penises to tits, ass, or vagina with no clothes on it. Icky finding that when you least expect it! :D

sbcanada

Originally posted by Justintime
ok, so i could hang my laundry in this site? :D

I think we should also ban unncessessary graphics from the boards, keeping our poor 56k members in mind.

G

I would like to know what kind of forum you guys expect. Are you going to ban cussing? What about swimsuit pictures?

As long as someone isn't attacking another member, I don't think there is anything wrong with cussing as long as they aren't getting carried away.

I agree to nudity showing genitals is bad and so is warez. But if we make this forum like Housen wanted to make OT at HWC, I will walk right now.

Housen doesn't run this site. I don't care for his rules. That is why I left HWC. He wanted the content brought down to the level that a 5 year old could enjoy.

As for the suggestion of banning graphics, a rule could be made that graphics heavy threads have some kind of warning on the title like not 56k friendly or something.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Swearing will not be filtered, but threads that consist of nothing but swearing and namecalling with zilcho content towards the end might be locked occasionally. Nothing extreme like censorship of opinions or any of that.

The content in this forum may become mature, but that's the way things go sometimes. OTC isn't a corporately owned site, so the only sponsor we have to worry about not pissing off is Sam Curry :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The graphics are fine, but having a warning so that 56k or slow DSL users will be prepared to have their modems crawl if there are a crapload of big pics would be a plus.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Also, I'd like to add racism/hatred etc, whether joking or intentional, I think it will prevent problems in the future. This can be highly offensive to some, even when it is meant in a jokey manner. I just now saw something questionable on this board which I KNOW my friends would be offended at, though I'd like to assume it was a joke. I hope this comment is seriously considered.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
well it takes alot to piss me off so i dont think we'll have much trouble. Im not here to make a bunch of rules that will turn OT into a fufu forum. Hell i cuss just like everyone else, so id be the first to get axed...lol i just realized what i typed. For the most part just remember the 2 rules fury posted, they are the ones i have to answer to the host for.:)
anyways its for you guys and gals to enjoy. So tell everyone to get their butts over here and start enjoying... :headbang:

sbcanada

Hatred is an emotion. Shall we bann love, happiness and sadness from the forum also? If you take anything that someone says on some message board personally, then you need to take a chill pill! 8)

Rascism is something that could be banned, though. I guess we'll have to take a vote!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Look, as a whiter than white Canadian of British descent with a Christian background I personally don't give a flying fig except to save other people's feelings. There are some words/labels which are EXTREMELY offensive to some people, I saw one of them this evening and it took me by surprise as most people are sensitive enough nowadays to keep those words private if they use them at all, and I think that there ought to be a rule which could be invoked in case of use of those words.

But if you guys would rather, Lord of the Flies could be fun too. :)

sbcanada

You saw what word/label? Don't be discouraged from saying what you mean. Are you talking about my post when I said "sup my nigga"? Did that offend you or your friends? I'm sorry if it did, but that's the way a lot of us teens talk these days. It's sort of a slang more than a rascist comment.

I do not believe we should filter text like that. This board is about freedom of speech. I have the freedom to say "wassup nigga?" and you have the freedom to talk my white trash ass down, if you so feel like it.

If it offends you, then offend me back. :D

This post is not aimed only at you, L. Summerton

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with SB. Fight fire with fire.

Get pushed? Push back.

Flame on, d00ds (and d00dettes) :headbang:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It doesn't offend me in the slightest. But I know it would offend and badly hurt some, no, a lot who are a little older and wiser. And that's why I brought up the point. If you will keep on, then by all means, keep on, it's no s**t off my back. I realize to some that is a cool word, and other words as well, but maybe that same some people could realize that it could be a very painful word (among other words again.) for others around them. I feel that I've said all I have to say, as I previously stated this is not about me, so I will not be brought into a huge debate about it, do what you will.