Beating protected by first amendment?

spike

I figured as much. I'll wager there's a lot more to this story that didn't make print besides that little gem. Stuff like ... what that behavior was, and was she ever a participant in similar rituals targeting others. People here need to remember, the media has an agenda ... and they're well versed in making you think what they want you to, and very skilled at triggering that knee jerk.

So you're saying you can imagine a scenario where holding someone's child captive for two days to get the demons out of them would be justified? Possibly depending on the behavior of the child and whether she actually demonstrated being possessed?

I'd love to hear more about this scenario.

Professur

So you're saying you can imagine a scenario where holding someone's child captive for two days to get the demons out of them would be justified? Possibly depending on the behavior of the child and whether she actually demonstrated being possessed?

Did I say it was justified (in my eyes) anywhere? Nope, didn't think I had. Seems like old times again. Go back and read what I wrote, and take note of what I didn't say too. I pointed out that there's a lot of this that hasn't been publicized. More to the point ... if this is civil, why aren't criminal assault charged filed? Because there's more to this than anyone here has heard. You and everyone else were told just enough to get you to react the way they wanted you to.

tonksy

I think you've answered your own question quite succinctly.

MrBishop

Just a word for everyone condemning this. You do realize that every damn sunday, children as young as twelve are 'presumed' to eat human flesh and drink human blood in churches all over. Of course, if you're not a believer, you can still be outraged they ... they're drinking alcohol ... 12 years old. I won't even begin to discuss the various outrages performed by Masonic and Koc ... in secret no less.

Blood and body (symbolic) of Christ - not a human.

..oh, and try not to gulp it, eh.

tonksy

Our "blood" was always Welch's grape juice. I have more of a problem with those nasty wafers they give you. It is my opinion that the body of Christ shouldn't taste like ass.

spike

Did I say it was justified (in my eyes) anywhere?

I'd imagine if you were going to speak out against anyone condemning this that you could imagine a scenario whereby it shouldn't be condemned. Right?

I pointed out that there's a lot of this that hasn't been publicized.

Point?

You and everyone else were told just enough to get you to react the way they wanted you to.

What exactly do you think is the reaction they want in this conspiracy?

2minkey

bootlicker
it's all this big pagan thing. quite similar to ideas of contagious magic that ya see in west african religions. oops, er, no, it's because he's the savior. yeah. that's it. and by drinking the transubstantiated blood you become a reverse vampire. which keeps those horrible demons that infect little girls away, because they're skeeered of reverse vampires. and then there's less beatings. but then life is less fun. see, religion is all about sacrifice. ready to send your check in? you can call, too. we take credit cards these days.

majestyx

Maj, long time.

Yes, it has! Hope things are going well for you!

Now, back to the thread subject:
Six difficult days

Although it happened more than 12 years ago, Pearson says it is still hard to talk about those harrowing six days in June 1996.

Pearson and her brother, Joseph, had been left with their older sister, Amy, while their parents went on a fundraising trip in Indiana. She was going to hang out with the church youth group and work at her part-time job. On June 7, a Friday, Pearson went to the church to help the youth group prepare for a garage sale. At about midnight, one of the teens rushed in saying he had seen a demon in the darkened sanctuary.

Rod Linzay, the youth pastor, urged everyone to anoint the sanctuary with holy oil. They rapped on pews. They prayed. They propped a cross against the doors to keep demons out or drive them out. They were up until early morning.

"I had been around [the church] all of my life, but I had not experienced anything of this sort.  . . .  After being up all of those hours and involved in all of that, it was easy to believe what was going on was real," she said.

Exhausted, Pearson went home and then to work but was unable to sleep that night. By the time she returned to the church on Sunday evening, she had been up for 72 hours.

It was then that people believed demons had possessed her and the first exorcism was performed. Pearson said she collapsed on the floor out of exhaustion. During the trial, doctors suggested she was hypoglycemic. She clenched her fists, gritted her teeth, made guttural sounds, cried and yelled.

The above is in the article that I linked. It was in our Sunday paper.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/786870.html

Professur

What exactly do you think is the reaction they want in this conspiracy?

When you're leading livestock to the slaughter, you need to keep waving the carrot about all the way there. This type of reporting is more intended (IMO) to keep the sheeple's attention where they want it as opposed to on (perhaps) so real issues. Take a look at the number of posts in this thread and tell me they haven't achieved their goal.

spike

I can focus on this for a minute and still keep track of other issues.

Do you have a scenario whereby this shouldn't be condemned yet?