Beef Jerky

Altron

Hi guys,

I learned from my dad's friend how to make beef jerky. So, now I have to go shopping for the all the fixins. Going to get 4 lbs of london broil to start off with, and a food dehydrator. Marinate in seasonings and cure for 24 hours, then do 12 in the dehydrator.

He told me to get Jack Links seasoning from Cabela's website to start off with. Do you guys know any other websites that sell some cool seasonings for beef jerky? I want to try making all different kinds.

Prof, don't you make it?

Professur

I do, but I mix my own seasonings. I got the 4 tray TotalChef deluxe dehydrator, but you can do it perfectly well in the oven at it's lowest setting. Make a ball of tin foil to block the door slightly open. My recipe for 2lbs of flank steak sliced with the grain

2/3 cup worcestershire
2/3 cup soy
1 tbs honey
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp red pepper flakes.

Marinade 3-6 hours. Don't leave it over long, or it'll cook in the marinade and disintegrate.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I buy my beef jerky from the Farmers Market. Fresh, organic, tasty and easy :D

Antonio1

Nice recipe. This is new for me and i never tried this beef jerky. This is looking very tasty. I am feeling hunger so i am going to make this right now.

Professur

I need to make a few new batches ... I found some cheap french cut roast beef that's ideal for this.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We made some last weekend, an extended version of Hyde's recipe, let it soak for 24 hours & it's
damned tasty

Professur

You didn't get any because I haven't made any in a while. Gonz ... takes longer to soak than it does to eat, doesn't it?

Professur

That's how much water you're buying when you buy food. Really brings the high price of commercially dehydrated food into focus.

2minkey

bootlicker
got giant-ass strips of salmon jerky delivered to my office last week. product samples. it looked fucking gross. give me beef, please...