Big Brother is killing the UK

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A council is to hide a camera in a bin bag to catch residents who do not follow new rules about putting out the rubbish.

A spy camera will be put in a rubbish bag left in an alleyway

Householders in a seaside town have been told to put their bins out at the front of their homes and not in an alleyway to the rear.

They must also leave their rubbish out between set times to ensure it does not attract pests or miss the dust cart.

To enforce the new rules, a camera will be placed in a rubbish bag and left in an alleyway to blend in with the surroundings to catch offenders. Those filmed breaking the rules will be given a ticking off.

Source

We have a fairly well written Constitution for sale. Hardly used.

Winky

Totalitarianism is a term employed by political scientists, to describe modern regimes
in which the state regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior.

Sounds prudy close to me.

Totalitarianism

K62

For some reason the evil government also makes me pay when I park in handicap parking spots! Bastards! *handonhip

If it is causing a problem to the extent that garbage can't being removed.. maybe the cameras will help. Probably not.. but I can't really say much because I don't know the whole story.

I still don't consider this totalitarianism.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
For some reason the evil government also makes me pay when I park in handicap parking spots!

A piece of private land, typically used for parking, that the government, in its infinite wisdom, has declared no longer private yet forcibly requires the former owner to set up & police, while collecting both taxes & fines.

Winky

What is the difference between a nanny state
and a totalitarian dictatorship?

Time, just a matter of time....

Professur

Keep laughing, kids. Over the Hedge wasn't made in the UK. You guys aren't as far behind as you think. We already have one household here who's planting tomatos illegally.

unclehobart

Planting tomatoes where I live is also... well... not illegal per se. They are against the neighborhood covenants. Apparently growing veggies in ones backyard is one step away from goats wandering down the middle of the street eating the daily newspapers.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
bring chickens & goats. Tell them that you're doing your part for conservation (saving on mowing emmisions) & that chickens eat bugs, lowering your need for pesticides.