Blastolene

Sharky

You may have seen Jay Leno's Tank Car - the awesome Blastolene Special. Here's the website of it's creators: Blastolene. The cars these guys have built are bigger-than-life rolling steampunk art.

Take a look at the B-702 - is that cool or what? :cool:

Professur

I saw them on Monster Garage ... and was far from impressed. When someone is as arrogant as to not pressure check welds on a fuel tank .....

GrandCaravanSE

I saw Jay's Tank car on My classic car last night, i never really noticed how big it was until thet stood next to it, and when Jay said that they used dump truck tires on the back.

MrBishop

Nice car...really shitty web-site. Can't bother taking a few seconds to *gasp* actually make it legible. :p

Sharky

I saw them on Monster Garage ... and was far from impressed. When someone is as arrogant as to not pressure check welds on a fuel tank .....
I missed that show. Are you sure it wasn't ignorance, not arrogance?

spike said:
That B-702 is freakin' sweet.
The grille is made of blue plates of glass. :cool:
That car was sold last year at the Barrett-Jackson auction. I wonder what it brought.

GrandCaravanSE said:
Damn i wish i had the skill and money to do what they do.
Or the time.

MrBishop said:
Nice car...really shitty web-site. Can't bother taking a few seconds to *gasp* actually make it legible. :p
Que? :confused:

Professur

Arrogance. Jesse asked him if he'd tested them. His response "are you questioning my welds?"

Yeah, when a navy certified welder like Jesse asks if you've tested a weld and you cop an attitude ... that's arrogance.

BTW ... it pissed diesel all over the floor ... and that fucking ninny was ready to try and argon purge the tank and reweld it. Jesse let his stew and swear for a while before handing him the tube of fuel tank epoxy that he'd picked up at the local trucker parts place. Now when a hothead like Jesse James shows not only better skills, better work habits ... but more foresight than you .... you slide pretty low on my respect-o-meter.

MrBishop

The Blastolene special. Pages 7-11 Black background..dark blue text..illegible unless you highlight the text. The other pages have text colours varying from green to violet... some more legible than others.
:banghead:

You can't go from one page/series of pages to another. Missing 'back' buttons, etc etc.. It's a half-assed job.

GrandCaravanSE

The Blastolene special. Pages 7-11 Black background..dark blue text..illegible unless you highlight the text. The other pages have text colours varying from green to violet... some more legible than others.

You can't go from one page/series of pages to another. Missing 'back' buttons, etc etc.. It's a half-assed job.

Ctrl+A select all?

Sharky

Arrogance. Jesse asked him if he'd tested them. His response "are you questioning my welds?"

Yeah, when a navy certified welder like Jesse asks if you've tested a weld and you cop an attitude ... that's arrogance.

BTW ... it pissed diesel all over the floor ... and that fucking ninny was ready to try and argon purge the tank and reweld it. Jesse let his stew and swear for a while before handing him the tube of fuel tank epoxy that he'd picked up at the local trucker parts place. Now when a hothead like Jesse James shows not only better skills, better work habits ... but more foresight than you .... you slide pretty low on my respect-o-meter.

Ah, gotcha. Yep, that sounds like arrogance.

Sharky

Yeah, I hate colored text too. Especially on a black background. And you're right - it was a little hard to navigate through the site.