Books online

2minkey

bootlicker
that's so cool. yeah too bad you can't DL to a device, and, say, take it on a plane.

i wonder how extensive the collection will be...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
minkey, check your local library, online.

Allen Co (where I live) has downloadable audio books that can be burned, transfered to mp3 players, etc

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah that's cool. it's weird but i've never done a books on tape thing.

i guess i'm more interested in text, and where i could actually use online stuff to supplement real archival research. e.g. if i wanted to review original texts from england while it was undergoing industrialization to better understand the interplay between methodism and changing socioeconomic conditions. (yeah, i realize how geeky that would be...)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
yeah that's cool. it's weird but i've never done a books on tape thing.

i guess i'm more interested in text, and where i could actually use online stuff to supplement real archival research. e.g. if i wanted to review original texts from england while it was undergoing industrialization to better understand the interplay between methodism and changing socioeconomic conditions. (yeah, i realize how geeky that would be...)

I used to read several books a month. Since becoming a parent (which also meant fewer opportunities to tell the boss to take his job & shove), spare time has become a thing I'm sorely lacking. I've found that driving the truck while listening to classics (or the ocassional current best seller) is a nice break from TOP 6.4 radio or Rush/Glenn/AirAmerica.

If something needs to be learned, however, paper beats monitors or listening in traffic.