Boston Public: Cancelled!

markjs

Banned
What the hell is the matter with this country and what is wrong with Fox? Boston Public, a well written well acted drama about a Boston Public School, is being cancelled in favor of "Celebrity Spelling BEE" and "Man vs. Beast". What a bunch of crap. Yo have a good show with a great cast and it covers a lot of todays issues and you dump it for crap! Makes me mad!

Stop Laughing

Are you sure it was cancelled and not just on hiatus or something? It was a good show, but a bit too unrealistic. No one school faces every single issue as head on as this one did.

BTW, any 24 fans out there? Next time, watch the credits for a Rosone... ;)

unclehobart

Fully scripted and acted dramas cost a hell of a lot of money to produce whereas the reality tv schlock costs almost nothing. Half the time its just a matter of maximizing profits. The other half of the time is because the really horrible shows get great ratings.

Repeat after me: ...lowest common denominator.

greenfreak

I used to watch it in the beginning, it was on right before or right after Ally McBeal which I watched also. But they lost me after the teacher brought the gun into school. They also cancelled a really good show (imho) "Keen Eddie" in favor of "The O.C.", a teenie show that looked like a reincarnation of "Beverly Hills 90210". Thankfully, the Bravo channel (owned by NBC) picked up Keen Eddie recently and I've been watching it there every week.

markjs

Banned
Stop Laughing said:
Are you sure it was cancelled and not just on hiatus or something? It was a good show, but a bit too unrealistic. No one school faces every single issue as head on as this one did.

It's on Hiatus officially, but it's at the end of it's contract as well, so most folks in the know are deeming it cancelled.

If it wasn't unrealistic and full of way more drama then a real school it wouldn't be such a good show.