Bridal Shower!

Uki Chick

So, I've been invited to my husband's cousin's bridal shower that's happening next month. She has a bridal registry, but most of the stuff is so expensive. I don't want to seem cheap, but I don't want to blow my budget either. She gave me a cheap coffee table book for my shower and gave nothing for the wedding because she was broke. I don't want his family complaining i'm cheap when she opens her gifts, but I really don't want to spend more than 20 bucks. That's about all she deserves!

Professur said:
You can't pass altogether? After all, it's only a cousin.

I wish I could. I'd probably get killed by my mother-in-law and I'd never hear the end of it from the cousins mother. She's a bitch and a big mouth. I dread even speaking to her when I have to.

Get her a pillow-book.

ie Kama Sutra, or 101 positions etc...

Find a nice love poem, print it on the inside cover.

Makes a nice combination of love and sex. :D

My brother-in-law works in a SEXXX shop. I can get you a discount.

Uki, at least you're on speaking terms with them. I could drop off the face of the earth, and my inlaws would never know. And if they did find out, the applause would be deafening.

I like Baker's Handbook or Cook's Handbook kinda gifts for these things...usually they run between $14 and $21, and they're actually handy.

Leslie said:
I like Baker's Handbook or Cook's Handbook kinda gifts for these things...usually they run between $14 and $21, and they're actually handy.

And sends the amusing undertone that you think she can't cook to save her life. Cool beans.

Professur said:
Really now. Interesting.

how far does that discount net reach? :brow:

Professur said:
And sends the amusing undertone that you think she can't cook to save her life. Cool beans.
maybe...but I know that I appreciate mine for looking up random things I don't know...and conversions and substitutions and all that stuff I can't possibly cram into this pretty little head of mine.

I would like to meet this brother-in-law and go to his place of business and make some purchases with his discount when I am there *nods*

Nixy said:
I would like to meet this brother-in-law and go to his place of business and make some purchases with his discount when I am there *nods*
I'm sure that this brother-in-law would like to meet you too, m'dear! :D

Professur said:

Uki, at least you're on speaking terms with them. I could drop off the face of the earth, and my inlaws would never know. And if they did find out, the applause would be deafening.

Sometimes I wish my in-laws would forget me too. Oh how peaceful life would be!!!!

Back