British Begin Debate on Killing Disabled Babies

highwayman

This is nothing more then proactive birth control and should not be even considered, murder in any form is still murder.

It's hard for me to see why this is an issue for a western country to even to consider this type of disscussion...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/11/5/115209.shtml?s=ic
If top British doctors have their way, routinely killing babies born with serious disabilities will be allowed.

Behind this shocking proposal is nothing less than Britain's Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology, which has called on doctors to consider permitting infanticide in the case of seriously disabled newborn babies. According to Britain’s Sunday Times, geneticists and medical ethicists supported the proposal -— as did the mother of a severely disabled child -— while a prominent children’s doctor described it as "social engineering.”

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah this ain't exactly "proactive birth control."

hihgwayman need to buy + use diktionery.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah buddy i ain't exaclty in favor of killing babies after they are born... but i would call "proactive birth control" something a little different that what you would.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Soewhere in the archives of OTC you'll find at least two stories about killing babies, post-birth. One was Sweden (I think) & the other was another Eurocentric powerhouse of right & wrong, like the Netherlands.

chcr

Too cute for words
Re the subject at hand, I've always felt that there are circumstances under which euthanasia (and that's what we're really discussing regardless of emotional protestations) is not only justified, but a kindness bordering on a necessity. My problem with that is and always has been; Who decides? :shrug:

Inkara1

I don't have a problem eith euthanasia... or euthanafrica, or euthaneurope, or euthanamerica. :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Re the subject at hand, I've always felt that there are circumstances under which euthanasia (and that's what we're really discussing regardless of emotional protestations) is not only justified, but a kindness bordering on a necessity. My problem with that is and always has been; Who decides? :shrug:

Much where I stood until I experiened one human...

stephen%20hawking.jpg

A brain may live where a body fails.

Inkara1

I should point out here, to be fair, that Hawking had full use of his body until sometime in his 20s.

chcr

Too cute for words
Much where I stood until I experiened one human...

stephen%20hawking.jpg

A brain may live where a body fails.

Not even remotely related to my point there, Gonz. Where did that even come from? :rolleyes:
I should point out here, to be fair, that Hawking had full use of his body until sometime in his 20s.

And still obviously has full use of his mental faculties.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
there are circumstances under which euthanasia is not only justified, but a kindness bordering on a necessity.

A man who was supposed to die 40, 30, 20 years ago...by ALL experts predicitons, didn't.

Experts are doing nothing but giving educated guesses. So that kindness may be nothing more than premeditated murder. Time will cure the ills, one way or another, of the infirmed. Until then, who are we to predispose our lack of foresight on anything?

chcr

Too cute for words
A man who was supposed to die 40, 30, 20 years ago...by ALL experts predicitons, didn't.

Experts are doing nothing but giving educated guesses. So that kindness may be nothing more than premeditated murder. Time will cure the ills, one way or another, of the infirmed. Until then, who are we to predispose our lack of foresight on anything?

Stop it Gonz. You're just embarrassing yourself. The point you are trying to make is in no way related to my opinion on the subject and trying to twist it into being germaine is digging the hole you've put yourself in deeper and deeper. Just drop it. Gosh!

chcr

Too cute for words

Inky understands the difference...

*sigh* It would be a waste of time to explain because I think everyone else understands and even with an explanation you would at least pretend not to.

If Dr. Hawking were dead, that'd be one less person against teaching creationism as a science in school though, wouldn't it? :shrug: