Bush has really good campaign rallies

HeXp£Øi±

I watched a Bush campaign rally for some senator last night on C-span as i was falling asleep and people were just going crazy! The same thing happened last week at Paul Wellstones memorial. People seem to be getting all fired up about politics like i haven't seen in some time. Anyone else notice this?

Hyphen

If people are going to get fired up over politics why...... oh why must it be over Mr 'I look like a monkey but without the brains' Bush. No Offence to Bush fans.
What I have noticed is with the current CHARGED atmosphere (understatement of the year) people desperate for information about why they are going to war and who is pulling the strings.

RD_151

Unfortunately you are right. Man, they had the whole city closed down Friday for his little rally. All the streets were closes, and even the one-way streets were rerouted the wrong way, etc etc. I like him even less after Friday. I couldn't park when I got home from work thanks to Bush, I had to park a mile from downtown and walk home :( Yep, that does it, I'm voting democrat next time ;)

Nah, I'll vote for an independent, they won't have such large rallies and shut down the city again :D

unclehobart

90% of politics is presentability and spin polish. Being qualified for the job has never been as important as simple organizational skills akin to marginal bank loan officers.

Scanty

Can i quote this again? I'm not being pretentious, i just don't think it could be more fitting...

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so..."

Its all so empty, this 'face' of politics. Devoid of real meaning and not addressing or focusing...
Not just Bush, most politics.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Politics is a necessary evil. It is the charge of treaties, avoiding war, chest thumping & actual war. The day to day nonsense is overblown rhetoric with arguments to appease the masses while backdoor deals are made & favors granted/handed out. Unc hit it on the head. The only thing not spoken was, in this day of immediate media coverage, he with the best line spoken is thought better than he with the best ideas. Rather sad, that.

Scanty

Yes, i agree. Politics is necessary for maintaining a stable unstableness.

And i don't know about the politics in other countries, but in England, it just seems like 90% sensationalism, because of the tabloids. It just makes it even harder - having to wade through an elaborate distortion and over-embelished collection of media spew, to try and reached rarely addressed core meanings that probably aren't even there in the first place.

:retard:

unclehobart

The cult of personality aspect of politics started in the early 60s with Kennedy/Nixon. Image started to overwhelm character.

MTV destroyed music. Great musicians who were ugly faded off fast. Anyone remember Joe Cocker?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Wow....I'm going to see Joe Cocker next Saturday....Funny to see that name come up . :headbang: (I've always wondered if he knows what his hands are doing when he sings.... :confuse3: )

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
MTV destroyed music. Great musicians who were ugly faded off fast. Anyone remember Joe Cocker?

of course. i don't have a lot of music of him, but of course i know him :)

can't say meatloaf faded off fast though....and he's a lot more uglier than Joe Cocker..:)

Ardsgaine

The reason we get image instead of substance is because the mass of people have ceased to think in principles. They've lost the ability to judge a rational argument, so any politician who makes the mistake of trying to present them with one will see their eyes glaze over and their heads start to droop. They've got their prejudices... they don't know why they believe what they believe, they just believe it, damn it. Give them a good soundbite that resonates with their prejudice. Smile easily. Look comfortable on camera. Zing your opponent with a clever one-liner. They'll lap it up. :rolleyes: