Buying a new computer tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 12) morning

Jeslek

Banned
Hmm, here are the specs... think this will work?

Attachment(s):

computer.jpg, 54.49kb

149_1034380373.jpg

Jeslek

Banned
He has a 60 GB 7,200 rpm drive to boot from. The 120 GB ones are merely for long term storage (movies).

He doesn't want a soundcard for now. He will try the onboard 6.1 sound.

Speakers... He is buying those for the time being. He will get better ones later on.

He already has a ViewSonic 22" flat screen monitor.

:)

Cleveland

I bet even http://www.newegg.com/ could beat those prices. AND you'd probably have everything in your hands in four days. They are AWSOME about shipping fed-ex, prompty getting your order out their door, AND not raping on shipping.

Jeslek

Banned
Canadian $$$ dude, shipping is free since I pick it up personally.... Multiply by 0.62 to get US$

That makes the radeon $350 for the retail one, about $300 for the OEM one.

Cleveland

Well, then. It is not TOO pricey, but you could save a few $. Once you take into consideration wait time, I would pick it up locally for that price, too.

Going back to my corner now....:blush:

whoreable

i wanted to suggest you where getting ripped off too, but then i remembered canada sucks.

i guess you took my advice on the kd7 instead of the max2.

whoreable

but you definetly should have got a 7200rpm hd. oh well maybe you can put a samller faster one in later and use the 120 to store stuff.

Jeslek

Banned
whoreable said:
but you definetly should have got a 7200rpm hd. oh well maybe you can put a samller faster one in later and use the 120 to store stuff.
Um that is what I did. Boot from a 7200rpm disk. The 120 GB one will be used to store movies, and I've heard of troubles with high capacity 7200rpm drives. And I for one don't give a flying fuck if a movie takes 2 extra seconds to open up.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Even in canadian bucks the memory looks too high. But then i havent priced it yet for here in the states. :D
Other than that this system should do everything he wants and more.