California Poll

valkyrie

Great.

First, how do we handle the estimated 20,000,000 illegals already here?

Second, how do you propose getting our federal government to investigate those applying for temp visas quickly enough?

My answer to the first is, arrest, fingerprint & deport all of the illegalds here, giving them no option to return. We don't need to set up another Untouchables unit. Just deport them as we come acrosss them. Of course, if they leave voluntarily, they may then apply for your suggested temp visa.
My answer is part of your answer. They must apply in their own country first to get the visa. They can not apply in the US. (Keep the Mexican government out of the mix, there is rampant corruption that will kill the program before it starts.) This will encourage them to return to apply if they are guaranteed a legit road to take to get their job.

We already deport illegals from here, this is nothing new. No amnesty. You must apply from the other side of the border.

I would add to the Temp Worker Visa program a crippling fee (and possibly prison time) to the employer who employs illegals. Remember, they come here because they are lured here by employers. They would not be here if there was not a job for them.