Calling All Virgins...

Mare

Student sells virginity for $20,000
From correspondents in London
February 10, 2004

A BRITISH university has distanced itself from an impoverished student who has apparently sold her virginity on the internet to pay for so-called excessive tuition fees.

Ms Reid sold her virginity online to help pay her university fees.

Rosie Reid, an 18-year-old social policy first year student at Bristol University, hit the headlines when she put herself up for sale on a website last month.

According to the website, the online auction closed at midnight last night with a highest bid of $20,200.

The site says the winning bidder for the student, who is a lesbian and in desperate financial crisis, will be contacted tomorrow.

A spokeswoman for the university says as far as the university is concerned, it has no comment as the matter is not a university issue and the student is an adult.

The website states: "Rosie's auction highlights the financial problems that face today's students."

A spokesperson for Reid later said she refused to comment on the situation.

Oz

Damn.......hope the person who bought her virginity waits a while before collecting.........like 30 or 40 yrs mebbe.

That'll teach her that she should get a job flipping burgers.........like all the other students :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
C'mon. This is the group that thinks nothing is sacred. What's the big deal? It's her body isn't it? She has to lose it sometime. It's not like she's 13....:evilgrin:

Ms Ann Thrope

Gonz said:
C'mon. This is the group that thinks nothing is sacred. What's the big deal? It's her body isn't it? She has to lose it sometime. It's not like she's 13....:evilgrin:

I'm not appalled. It is her body, she is an adult and is making her own decision. I do think it's unfortunate that she feels this is her best option, but I also believe it's her choice.

The fact that she's a lesbian makes her decision curious to me, but it may also explain her detachment. :shrug:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I have to say, honestly, if I thought I could get 20 grand out of it, I'd sell it. If my daughter were to get 20 grand out of it, that would be a tough call.

AlphaTroll

Maybe she just didn't want to lose her virginity to a vibrator? I wonder if she is a virgin that has actually had sex or if she reckons your virginity can only be lost to heterosexual intercourse? Baffles me............could be a rather nasty surprise to the one that got the winning bid.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
a bit appalled, but a bit dissapointed as well...i could have made 20k out of it :D

or with my looks, more likely 5 bucks or so :D