Cap and Trade

catocom

well, the phone lines were locked up yesterday, and there's talk
of a protest looming in the street in DC.

spike

I'm not surprised you would spew the Democrat party line on this. But just because Nancy Pelosi says it's good doesn't mean it is. I mean, it's good you're doing so well in your job (you've never told us what it actually is) that you can afford the higher prices this will lead to. But I'm sure the poor folk who will have a much higher electric bill in the midwest and south will be so happy being comforted that this bill is "a huge step toward responsibility" (regardless of whether it will actually work or not). You always bitch about how much Bush fucked up the economy and ruined the standard of living for everyone, but here's this bill that is highly likely to lower the standard of living even more for many people and you're supporting it. Is now the time to lower the standard of living more?

Hey Ink it's typical that you would you spew the Republican party line on this. Just because Rush Limbaugh says it's bad doesn't mean it's bad.

This could really open up some growth in new more efficient areas and end up increasing our standard of living.

Plus there's responsibility.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd like to know what kind of institution allows a vote on bill with 300 pages missing.

I'll kiss your ass if you can show me where a single politician read more than the title page. The 300, out of over 1200, was a last ditch attempt to make the agriculture states representatives feel beter. I bet most of them didn't even know it was added.

Frodo

I find it strange that people who complain about HOAs that they voluntarily joined with full disclosure when they purchased their home, will completely miss the part of this bill where their house AND APPLIANCES, will have to meet federal codes before they can sell.

Again, I say to the Demonicrats: "Get the f-ck out of my house!!" They are all about telling others how to live. Spike is speechless when asked to point out where the Republicans are trying to run his life, but has no problem telling me how live.

Frank Probity

But I'm sure the poor folk who will have a much higher electric bill in the midwest and south will be so happy being comforted that this bill is "a huge step toward responsibility" (regardless of whether it will actually work or not). You always bitch about how much Bush fucked up the economy and ruined the standard of living for everyone, but here's this bill that is highly likely to lower the standard of living even more for many people and you're supporting it. Is now the time to lower the standard of living more?

OH Monkey balls!!! Whining Republicans and big business say the same thing whenever any ecological laws are passed. And no ones standard of living decreases. Such b.s. and time to get a new playbook.

Americas standard of living dropped since Reagan cut restrictions and gave industry free rein to crap on the country. And yes, Bush did f+++ up the country. To think otherwise is trying to pass the buck but face the facts, the economic woes of America were centered in this nation during the era of Reaganomics but became international during the Bush Administration. This economy was in the poop bed under the outhouse before Obama took office and on an international scale. Still is. So spare me the b.s. and whining about how this bill will drive us to depths of despair, cause poor folk to spend more money on energy and make families split up so the kids can go to work at the age of six in the mills and sweatshops excluded from labor laws by industry to maintain a standard of living that has slowly eroded over the past twenty-eight years.

Professur

I'll kiss your ass if you can show me where a single politician read more than the title page. The 300, out of over 1200, was a last ditch attempt to make the agriculture states representatives feel beter. I bet most of them didn't even know it was added.

Pucker up, butter cup. 2 senators repeatedly asked for those missing 300 pages, and were refused by the speaker of the house (guess who)

catocom

The problem this time, is instead of trickle down economics, we got red line boiler economics spewing, and no check valve.

Frodo

Americas standard of living dropped since Reagan cut restrictions and gave industry free rein to crap on the country. Ya miss those lines at the gas pump and higher airline prices? What was it that lowered your standard of living? The war on drugs? And yes, Bush did f+++ up the country. To think otherwise is trying to pass the buck but face the facts, the economic woes of America were centered in this nation during the era of Reaganomics but became international during the Bush Administration. This economy was in the poop bed under the outhouse before Obama took office and on an international scale. Still is. And will be for some time to come. So what did Obama do to fix the economy that GW didn't? So spare me the b.s. and whining about how this bill will drive us to depths of despair, cause poor folk to spend more money on energy and make families split up so the kids can go to work at the age of six in the mills and sweatshops excluded from labor laws by industry to maintain a standard of living that has slowly eroded over the past twenty-eight years. Yeah, I miss inflation and unemployment under Carter.

See ya at the gas lines.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
See ya at the gas lines.

Higher gasoline prices could actually help the US auto industry sell those 35.5MPG cars the CAFE is going to force them to build. Everything else is just insanity. Look for wood-burning stoves to make a big comeback in the near future if this passes...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Pucker up, butter cup. 2 senators repeatedly asked for those missing 300 pages, and were refused by the speaker of the house (guess who)

How many actually read the bill?

There werre a number who'd have read is, had it not been on a vacation week fast-track (say, isn't that getting to be familiar?)

2minkey

bootlicker
Dramatic or not, disprove it.

right.

how's this. maybe first you disprove that the fumes from the gas grille on my back porch cause lymphatic cancers in the local ground squirrel population?

oh, wait, no, that's fucking inane to begin with.