Carlin croaked

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Always liked him but he went batshit after his wife died.

RIP

chcr

Too cute for words
I miss him already.

The "deathbed conversion" stories are about to start coming out of the woodwork.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'll miss him. I remember the first time I saw him on Thomas the Tank-Engine, nearly shit my pants when I saw him, figured my kids were watching some HBO special by accident...

Cerise

We like war because we're good at it. You know why we're good at it? Because we get alot of practice. This country's only 200 years old and already we've had 10 major wars. We average a major war in this country every 20 years---so we're good at it. And it's a good thing we are: we're not good at anything else anymore. Hunhhh? Can't make a decent car, can't build a TV or a VCR worth a fuck. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people or take care of our old people, but we can bomb the shit out of your country alright, hunnhhh? Especially if your country is full of brown people, hunnhh? That's our new hobby. You got some brown people in your country---tell them to watch the fuck out---or we'll goddamn bomb them. Do you remember any white people we bombed? The Germans. That was only because they were trying to cut into our action. They wanted to dominate the world. Bullshit: that's our fucking job. Now we only bomb brown people----just because they're brown. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UaS2bRGS86c

Buh bye.

Cerise

Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

So what if some civilian contractor from Oklahoma gets his head cut off in Iraq, fuck him! If you don't want to get your head cut off, stay the fuck in Oklahoma! But if you're going to go into someone else's country carrying a weapon, you better expect some fucking action!

:rofl3:

Cerise

I figured you'd want a little cheering up after hearing of his demise.

I know he'd captured the imagination of the left everywhere, getting paid to stand on a stage and say the negative things about this country that many in liberal land---less the elected ones, that is---only dream of speaking aloud. ;)

BlurOfSerenity

I'll miss him. I remember the first time I saw him on Thomas the Tank-Engine, nearly shit my pants when I saw him, figured my kids were watching some HBO special by accident...

that was about the extent of my familiarity with him, he was before my time, but i used to watch shining time station every day.
it's funny because the night before he died, my friend and i were comparing and contrasting him and ringo starr as mr. conductor, and saying how when we were the age that we were watching it, we didn't know how weird it was that carlin had that role!

A.B.Normal

that was about the extent of my familiarity with him, he was before my time, but i used to watch shining time station every day.
it's funny because the night before he died, my friend and i were comparing and contrasting him and ringo starr as mr. conductor, and saying how when we were the age that we were watching it, we didn't know how weird it was that carlin had that role!

*feels reeaaaaallllyyyy old :mope:

JTP

:( I saw him live once - great show.

He came to Columbus last year and of course I went- first and ,sadly, last chance to see. He was looking sickly and referring to notes (probably because it was mostly new material), but timing and delivery were great. RIP