cd burner question

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You burn punk stuff don't you? I can't imagine 20 ELP or Iron Maiden songs on one CD.

catocom

PuterTutor said:
I use Musicmatch for my music burning too, most of the time. Got a free version of Nero for my other burning, but Musicmatch does the volume leveling, and a few other neat tricks for audio cds.

I've only tried the volume leveling in ezcd, and it made all my songs
volumes too low, and took forever to level, and burn.:(

Rose

:s No, I burn mostly old country - back in the days when songs were shorter, admittedly. Even some of my folk cd's have 19+ songs on 'em.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ah ok, punk country. Not the new "I'm Ted Nugent without the attitude" country.

Rose

Punk Country? WTF? What's this? *lol* I'm speaking of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Iris Dement, Waylon Jennings ...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm being goofy.

Remember, the old rock n roll? Songs that we're 2:10, 1:54, when a long song hit 3:00? Then Emerson Lake & Palmer, Pink Foyd, etc came along & suddenly the entire album side was a song.

Punk went back to 90 second songs.

Well country used to have short songs too.

Now they guys look like Ted Nugent did in 1968 & the songs are neverending...

Rose

*blushes* I think .... I'm sorry, Gonz. I don't remember. I don't know if I know of Emerson Lake and Palmer, anyway. :s Though Floyd rocks. :)

For the record - Rose hates "new" country crap.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
catocom said:
I've only tried the volume leveling in ezcd, and it made all my songs
volumes too low, and took forever to level, and burn.:(
MusicMatch is pretty good, it seems to pick a nice midrange. The only bitch I have about it is when you have your mp3's on a network drive it takes forever to update your library. Seems to work pretty quick on the local machine though. So now I just have duplicate copies of everything.

catocom

PuterTutor said:
MusicMatch is pretty good, it seems to pick a nice midrange. The only bitch I have about it is when you have your mp3's on a network drive it takes forever to update your library. Seems to work pretty quick on the local machine though. So now I just have duplicate copies of everything.

duplicate ???
duplicate !!!

I'm a backup freak I have about 4 copies of everything. :headbng2:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Backup? What's that? :D I just put my stuff out on Kazaa, I figure if I need it again, there'll be 20,000 copies of it somewhere.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Kazaa lite++ is my preferred backup. Makes tracing your stuff by the feds really really hard :D

Inkara1

Professur said:
For the most part, your burner will come with a software, and that'll be the one you get used to.
That's why I'm using Adaptec EZ CD Creator 3.5.

Rose said:
I don't know if I know of Emerson Lake and Palmer, anyway.
Ooh, what a lucky man he was.

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Ooh, what a lucky man he was.
i see all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied i'm on my way........ain't that them?

***EDIT*** oops...that's YES....my bad ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Welcome back my friends
to the show that never ends
we're so glad you could attend
come inside, come inside