Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Within the last five years

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Over five years / can't remember

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Professur

In honour of Spirit.

Alright, you pussies. Fess up. When's the last time you had a checkup/medical. You think you're still invunerable? Can't happen to you? Can't manage the time off?

Well you're wrong. You can't afford not to take the time. Do it already.

I went a year or so ago, first time in 10, 15, 25 years? I went because of pain and because I passed 40. I'll probably go again when I pass 60.

Option E: Within the last month.

I used to be bullet proof too. Not anymore. A check-up caught the cancer before it killed me.

i get annual female check ups but the last physical i had was when i was pregnant with malory.

Define checkup.

I do the gyno every other year, and offer a drop of blood every six months, but then they only check the thyroxin-levels. Donate blood every 3 months, then they check that for different stuff too.

About a yearish ago...that reminds me...I need to call and find out when my year will be up so I can make an appointment to go back before I go home for the summer...the doc I see is here in Hamilton :)

Warren Zevon said:
Turns out that there's a downside to not seeing a doctor for twenty years. One of those phobias that didn't quite work out.
;)
I'm diabetic, I go in every three months. I stopped being bulletproof in my late thirties.

I went to a GP because I had the flu and doc gave me paperwork to get checkup bloodwork done. Still have yet to get the bloodwork, three months later. I need to stop procrastinating, the place is less than a mile from where I work.

Went to the "woman doctor" for a checkup/Pap a month ago for the first time in about 10 years. (I know, I'm an ass) Turns out there is an "abnormality" so I need to be retested again next month. :(

havent had a PCP in the past 4 or 5 years. just picked a new one, but havent gotten around to making an appointment.

I get at least one a year (basic roundup of checks), plus two or three more depending on how I'm feeling. The latest was because of insomnia :p

The last time I had a check up was before I did my basic military training in summer of 2002. It didn't take long at all, and seemed like they spent more time testing my eyes and ears than anything else.

I don't think I have ever had a good checkup. I think I really should soon.

What do most Doc's check, in a checkup?

I haven't had a baseline physical since I was 13. I've had specialized stuff sorta hit and miss all through the years... but nothing overall.

unclehobart said:
I haven't had a baseline physical since I was 13. I've had specialized stuff sorta hit and miss all through the years... but nothing overall.
*gives rob that look.

Haven't gone, should go.

Last time I went, I dragged hubby with me on pretense of needing a refill on some meds and discussing a child issue,

And out of the blue told the doc I needed an AIDS test and STD testing.

That was fun!!!

Last one I had was when I was thinking of joining the army about 3-4 years ago. They did a lot more than a typical physical, but it was more of a test to see if I could make it, and I didn't (overweight). I really gotta go to at least establish a connection with a PCP, otherwise it's really hard to get in when I need it.

I had a physical exam done before the start of each wrestling season in high school. That means probably October 1998 or so would have been the last one.

Back