Cheney quitting?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I hope not. He's too good & with no VP to worry about, Bush can take care of business without repercussions. Although, if he did step down I can't imagine a more innovative choice than Condi.

Vice President Dick Cheney likely will step down next year due to health reasons and be replaced by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, according to a report by geopolitical expert Jack Wheeler.

On his website, To the Point, Wheeler reports there's a "red-breasted rumor bird" flying around Capitol Hill that has whispered the same thing to most congressional committee chairmen.

"We all know that Dick Cheney has been the best vice president of modern times, perhaps in American history," one such chairman told Wheeler. "And we know that he absolutely will not run for president in 2008. Further, he has an unfortunate history of heart trouble. So let's just say none of us will be surprised if, sometime next year, he will step down from the vice presidency due to his health."

Continued the source: "Should this happen, President Bush would need to appoint his replacement, just as Richard Nixon chose Gerald Ford to replace Spiro Agnew. It is quite clear to us whom the president would choose should he need to: Condoleezza Rice."

Wheeler goes on to analyze what such a scenario would mean for the 2008 presidential election.

Writes Wheeler: "Being a sitting vice president places Condi in an impregnable position for the GOP nomination in 2008 and sucks every breath of wind from Hillary's sails. Historically, it's hard for a party to keep the White House after they've had it for eight years. This is George Bush and Dick Cheney's way to buck history – and make it."

Serving as Bush's national security adviser during his first term, Rice took over the State Department last month.

abooja

Wow, that's unbelievable. Intriguing, controversial, crafty. I love it!

Will we actually have a black female president by the year 2008?!

Wow.

Winky

I am against a woman being President.
I am against a black being President.
I am against a black woman being President.

But I'd vote for Condi in a New York minute!

freako104

abooja said:
Wow, that's unbelievable. Intriguing, controversial, crafty. I love it!

Will we actually have a black female president by the year 2008?!

Wow.

that might actually be pretty cool. I am not a fan of Condi though

rrfield

I think that the first minority or woman president will be a Republican. Other then her stance on Iraq, which I disagre with, I have no idea what she stands for. Since I don't pick a single issue to determine who I vote for the book is still open on Condi for me.

catocom

*flame-bait probably*
I'll tell you why I "won't" vote for any woman pres., including Condi.
Women tend to rule more from the emotional, than the intellectual when the
chips are down, more often than not.

Winky, you forgot to through Lesbian in there. :D

Winky

Cat there's absolutely no 'firm' evidence of that.

Oh Hell yeah the first

black woman lesbian Republican American President!

Thulsa Doom

Winky said:
I am against a woman being President.
I am against a black being President.
I am against a black woman being President.

Not to worry. Im sure the inevitable assassins would take great encouragement in your comments and keep the office white and male.

catocom

Winky said:
Cat there's absolutely no 'firm' evidence of that.
Yeah I should have noted that, that's only "my theory", and "belief".
From my observations over the years.

Of coarse men are that way too, ....er um, after several drinks. :lloyd:

unclehobart

*barely looks up from the barco lounger*

hmph...

You can have anyone youze like as president so long as I have a steady supply of Playboy Channel and Miller Light.

*fart*

*reaches for the Cheetos*

CTM

i thought he was going to quit so bush could get a better running mate in the elections that just happened.

chcr

Too cute for words
CTM said:
i thought he was going to quit so bush could get a better running mate in the elections that just happened.
That probably wouldn't have mattered. Bush would've had to rape a couple of babies or something to lose the election.

CTM

chcr said:
That probably wouldn't have mattered. Bush would've had to rape a couple of babies or something to lose the election.

i'm not talking about reality, i'm talking about the rumours that persisted for months.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
CTM said:

He has an outstanding VP right now. It would be difficult to do better.. Condi is the choice for tomorrow.