"Ching chong ching"

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
link

Rosie done stepped in it. Again. Wonder why she ain't being decried a racist by the lefties....oh yeah, they never attack their own. Silly me.

Now, had this been, say, Jessica Simpson (Southern by birth at least) throwing around stereotypes in her speech, we'd get a different reaction completely. But of course, this is DIFFERENT...

Viva double standards.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If memory serves me correctly, Shaq got lambasted for the same kind of thing with Yao Ming during Yao's rookie year. Of course, Shaq came out with a genuine apology after he found out...

chcr

Too cute for words
Some people are too insensitive, but others are too sensitive. Why does anyone at all give a flying fuck what Rosie says? Once upon a time she was a marginally funny comedian. Now she's just background noise.

Oh, I'll take one from corrumn A and two from corrumn B.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Some people are too insensitive, but others are too sensitive. Why does anyone at all give a flying fuck what Rosie says? Once upon a time she was a marginally funny comedian. Now she's just background noise.

Oh, I'll take one from corrumn A and two from corrumn B.

When was she marginally funny? I cannot recall anything she ever said even approaching humorous...*handonhip

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Some people are too insensitive, but others are too sensitive. Why does anyone at all give a flying fuck what Rosie says?

For the same reason they care what Mel Gibson or Michael Richards says.

Because if you choose to become a public figure and make a living from entertaining others, you get to watch what you say a little closer.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
"To say ching chong to someone is very offensive, and some Asian people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. Which I was like, `Really? I didn't know that.'"

Do the Chinese homies go around calling each other Ching Chong?

BB

what the knob?

(w t k )

or is that phrase offensive to lesbians?

seems plausable she didn't know it was offensive (i certainly didn't :shrug: ) ..but also equally odd she chose those exact words ...i.e. .. publicity?? ...

i'd have made more wierd animal whiny noises i think ... likje a mis-tuned radio set with interference ....

But humour has at it's core the right to be offensive.

unclehobart

Might be offensive to lesbians with a posh accent. It ceratinly wouldn't mean much to those on this side of the pond.

tonksy

Come on! On national TV, she pokes fun at an ancient language spoken by millions of people and expects people not to be offended? Be serious.....that being said I still side with the WGAF about what Rosie says club.
I lost all respect for her when I found out that she had been lying about being attracted to all the men she had been yammering about being attracted to for years. I don't give a shit that she is gay, I care that she felt the need to shove lies about her sexuality down the publics throat for years. Why say anything? It wasn't necessary.

spike

Rosie done stepped in it. Again. Wonder why she ain't being decried a racist by the lefties....oh yeah, they never attack their own. Silly me.

Viva double standards.

As far as I can tell the lefties care as much as the righties. No double standard.