Chris Cornell - "Euphoria Morning"

MuFu

A little dissapointed after Audioslave's self-penned debut album I turned to this '99 solo effort by ex-Soundgarden frontman, Chris Cornell.

It's lush. :thumbup:

A classic singer/songwriter showcase full of some really rich vocal work (Cornell has got to be one of THE best rock vocalists of all time) and gorgeous, melodic composition. Took me a few listens to get into it, but this is my new fancy, having been stuck in a listening rutt for a few days. :)

For samplers, check out "Wave Goodbye", "Preaching The End Of The World" and "Can't Change Me".

:band:

MuFu.

HeXp£Øi±

Re: Chris Cornell -

Agreed. I've always loved Cornell. I always wanted to hear a remake of Flower and Hands all Over.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

Oh man, I LOVE his voice. It is ABSOLUTELY amazing!

MuFu

Yeah me too, gorgeous isn't it? :cool:

You should definitely check out this album. It's him at his very best.

MuFu.

whoreable

I am sorry but Mike Patton is probaly THE best rock vocalist of all time.

I used to dig Soundgarden back in the badmotorfinger days. :(

freako104

whoreable said:
I am sorry but Mike Patton is probaly THE best rock vocalist of all time.

I used to dig Soundgarden back in the badmotorfinger days. :(

i think he was at his best in Faith No More but im a fan of Mr.Bungle and also whatever the badn that opened for tool was(it was some really weird band i think it started with an F but i dont remember what it was called)

Mirlyn

MuFu said:
"Can't Change Me"

Loved that song. Still remember the video too...

I like their work with Pearl Jam......Temple of the Dog :headbang:

Hunger Strike is awesome :hairbang:

whoreable

freako104 said:
i think he was at his best in Faith No More but im a fan of Mr.Bungle and also whatever the badn that opened for tool was(it was some really weird band i think it started with an F but i dont remember what it was called)

you mean fantomas. They are ok I like Tomahawk more though.

MuFu

Yeah - but Boyd cites Cornell as one of his main influences. That's how I first got into Soundgarden. :)

freako104 - the Audioslave album is decent. Definitely one for RATM/Soundgarden fans, but prepared to be slightly disappointed as well if you fall into that category. I don't really think it quite equals the sum of its parts, if you know what I mean.

The RATM "riff-machine" is still alive and kickin' though, thank God. Nice to play at high volumes, always... :D

flavio

Banned
I've seen Soundgarden in concert a couple times, saw Chris Cornell solo at a small club, and went to Audioslave a few months ago at the Warfield in San Francisco.

I do agree that Cornell is one of the best and most powerful vocalists ever....but it does seem something is missing everytime he releases a new cd. I started listening when Badmotorfinger cam out and it was brilliant, so I was very excited for Superunknown which was awesome but seemed to experience one of those raw brilliance vs. polished sound tradeoffs. Can't really complain.

Then they broke up and there was the solo effort you refer to. A very solid album but I never could shake the feeling that the rest of Soundgarden needed to be on it.

When I saw him solo in the smaller club though there was a song during which he belted out some of the most powerful vocals you'll ever hear while he sat cross-legged on the edge of the stage

Audioslave is fun but I miss Soundgarden, you're probably always biased towards a first incarnation though.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
the audioslave album is decent yes, but DOES have a few VERY good songs on it, imo...
i think that "i am the highway" is one of the best songs ever by cornwell. the lyrics are absolutely amazing as well.
the rest of the album is a bit dissapointing, but that song makes up for everything.

flavio - i only got into soundgarden half a year ago or something (thanks moof) but superunknown is absolutely great, without doubt

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mufu: How many solo albums does he have? I have one which my brother gave me, it was given to him by a friend...I do not know what it's called because I never looked and do not know any of the song names as my BRILLIENT brother lost the case. It is very good though, I get lost in his voice.

MuFu

Nixy said:
Mufu: How many solo albums does he have? I have one which my brother gave me, it was given to him by a friend...I do not know what it's called because I never looked and do not know any of the song names as my BRILLIENT brother lost the case. It is very good though, I get lost in his voice.

Just this one, I think. Have a look here: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=CASS80308131553&sql=Burf6zfgheh6k

He's done a bunch of demos and tracks for other artists as well as fronting Audioslave.

flavio... I'm v.jealous. :D

MuFu.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That is prolly the album I have then. Like I said, don't know the name, don't know the track titles, just know it rocks. "Temple of the Dog" stuff is pretty good too, I have heard a few of their songs. As for the fronting Audioslave thing...THAT I was well aware of. I have that album, it has quite a number of decent songs and also some FUCKING AMAZING ones. Silly moof :gay: