clear screws

chcr

Too cute for words
Here is what I was thinking about. Hope you don't mind nuts on the back (hmm, that sounded a lot less dirty when I thought it). These guys are bulk distributors though, let me check around for a retail supplier.

chcr

Too cute for words
So, what I'd do, is call up Craftech (i couldn't find a retailer) and tell them what you want to do. if they can't sell you what you need, I'll bet they'll tell you who will. Remember to get extras, they're Lexan, but I'll bet I could still scratch up the first few. :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Looks like a really cool idea, Q. We're gonna need pics of the case when you're done you know.

Q

PuterTutor said:
Looks like a really cool idea, Q. We're gonna need pics of the case when you're done you know.
Thanks PT, I will. (...crane pics too:headbang: )

Squig....Dud seems no worse for the wear without his Bubbas, in fact he was just humping Choppers head the other day. :yell:

Chcr, I'll give Craftech a call when I get home today...although, I have no idea what size to tell them I want. :eek6: Thanks!!

chcr

Too cute for words
Take one of your existing screws to the hardware store. They have a little template on which you can check your screw size and thread pitch (you'll need to know both). Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, machine screws are like bolts with srewdriver heads, right?

Q

Yep. That's them alright. Ugly ol' bolt looking screw head looking things. Hardware store added to the itinerary. :)

Guess I better go grout some shit, so I can afford the clear screws...:bolt:

chcr

Too cute for words
I hate grouting.

edit: When you're looking at the screws, note that there are many different head designs. Something to think about re what will look best in your case.:headbang:

edit again: Didn't see any Robertson heads though. :lol:

Q

chcr said:
I hate grouting.
It pays the bills, I HAVE to like it....besides, it has it's advantages. Swearing, while not exactly encouraged, is at least expected. NOBODY is PC :D if somebody is being an asshole, it's ok to go right up and TELL them they're being an asshole.

Ok, so Ace is the place...the helpful hardware store says I have a #10 sheet metal screw. I think I want a round low profile head so the screw blends in with the landscape...Robertson heads are definately out, since I don't have any bits for those goofy things. :rofl4:

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't think you'll find sheet metal screws in lexan (I could be wrong). I think all you'll find are machine screws that take nuts or threaded holes in the fan.

Q

COOL!!!!
I just called the 800 number at craftech and the girl said she would just send them to me as a sample FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! is that cool or what??:trippin:

Q

Now I just gott a figure out which machine screw is closest in size to my #10 sheet metal screw. Guess I'll go back and pester the Ace hardware guy some more. :D