coming home

breaky

is it just me or does anyone else realise it's always feels quicker getting home from your destination than getting there?
i just went to the bottleshop and it took forever to get there but no time at all to get home - i'm happy with that though:beerdrnk:

unclehobart

The slight tweak of adrenaline within the system on the return journey because of the anticipation of returning to the familiar is probably distorting the imprint of time upon the memory. Just a theory.

Kawaii

Opposite here, but then again i usually sleep on the bus when i'm going somewhere, as opposed to sitting by the bus window, staring out at the landscape, pondering what the HELL just happened... ;)

breaky

Kawaii said:
Opposite here, but then again i usually sleep on the bus when i'm going somewhere, as opposed to sitting by the bus window, staring out at the landscape, pondering what the HELL just happened... ;)
what the hell did just happen?

Oz

breaky said:
is it just me or does anyone else realise it's always feels quicker getting home from your destination than getting there?
i just went to the bottleshop and it took forever to get there but no time at all to get home - i'm happy with that though:beerdrnk:

It depends on the route........sometimes the ten minute walk to the pub seems to take mere seconds........the route home has been known to [literally] take days :eh:

tonksy

it feels longer getting to a destination to me because i am usually anxious or excited to be there....call it anticipation. the way home is anticlimatic for me.

breaky

Oz said:
It depends on the route........sometimes the ten minute walk to the pub seems to take mere seconds........the route home has been known to [literally] take days :eh:

:rofl4:i know that feeling pretty well, i once woke up in another city in another state, that's was a great night:rofl4:

Kawaii

SexyBoo said:
That is what I am curious about - all ears here! :D
That's what i'm trying to remember... I wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast and step out the door... Bam! I'm on the bus back home and the sun is setting.

freako104

no i didnt notice. unless im really close to it and im not tired. and home is 5 hourse away from here. so it wont feel too quick come Thanksgivign

Inkara1

It's usually quicker for me to get home because I don't have a specific time I have to be there. That means I usually catch all the lights green. When I have to be at a place at a certain time, work for example, I tend to catch all the lights red.

breaky

Inkara1 said:
It's usually quicker for me to get home because I don't have a specific time I have to be there. That means I usually catch all the lights green. When I have to be at a place at a certain time, work for example, I tend to catch all the lights red.
those orange lights are just as bad, i usually go right through but if i hesitate just for the briefest second....all is lost and i'm back on the red light run :retard2: