Conan O'Brian Insults Canada

chcr

Too cute for words
This has gone off-topic...it happens around here.

Really????

I understand your point, Bish. I even understand why you were offended. Remark on it and move on. The way various people have been harping on it proves the point of the joke rather than the reverse. Every Quebecois moron with an axe to grind wants to get on TV now and whine about it. You guys are turning into Americans.

MrBishop

chcr said:
You guys are turning into Americans.

Now THEMS fightin' words buddy :)

I'm just defending the right to feel insulted, not the issue. If we can all agree that it was insulting...I'm more than willing to let this thread dissapear off the edge of the earth.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
There are two kinds of satire humor. The kind that is so far from the truth it's funny, and the kind that is so close to the truth it's funny. So, which is it in this case, Bish?

ris

MrBishop said:
If someone comes out and says, in German with a smile on his/her face, to a Scotsman that he and the entire Scottish decendancy are idiotic, alcoholic sheep-fuckers and puts that on television in Ireland (with subtitles)...how' would you feel about that?

that reminds me, it's been about a year since i left wales....

;) :D

MrBishop

PuterTutor said:
There are two kinds of satire humor. The kind that is so far from the truth it's funny, and the kind that is so close to the truth it's funny. So, which is it in this case, Bish?

It was a long schtick...I didn't see most of it. I heard plenty about it though. I'd say that it was a combination of the two. Yes, we can be obnoxious...close to the truth, no, you can't smell our crotches from a distance...far from the truth. Whatever....

I'm dropping this one. I'm sick of being the sole defender of Quebec and our inclusion into humanity.
Have we not eyes, hands, organs, dimensions, feelings? If you cut us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? If you wrong us, will we not revenge?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well sure you will, all of the above, but can you not take a joke? Maybe he did go a little too far, I don't know, I didn't see it either. But, when you have to start making comedians apologize for satire, well, just what does that say? Maybe, just MAYBE people are taking life a bit too seriously?

MrBishop

PuterTutor said:
Well sure you will, all of the above, but can you not take a joke? Maybe he did go a little too far, I don't know, I didn't see it either. But, when you have to start making comedians apologize for satire, well, just what does that say? Maybe, just MAYBE people are taking life a bit too seriously?

There are plenty of jokes about Quebequers around...a lot of them horribly funny. I almost pissed myself once with a commedian from Haiti who did nothing in his schtick BUT poke fun at us. Our favorite tv shows make fun of our po'white'trash ideals, and a film that's in the Cannas film fest and listed in the Oscars (The Barbarian Invasion) is harsh with ourselves...no worries. All great stuff.

but

just because you call something a joke doesn't make it funny automatically. Kinda like telling your wife "Yes honey...not only do you,look fat in those pants, you look fat in all pants...just kidding, let's go we're late" is funny for you, but watch out for her backswing...t's a doozie! :):lol2: